Cancelled IVA - Questions

3 posts Page 1 of 1

LutonStudent

Post by LutonStudent » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:19 am
Hi All,

I have cancelled my IVA by letting it fail as I now qualify for a DRO.

The variation meeting to end my agreement is on 25th January 21.

My questions are:

How long after the variation will it take for my IVA to drop off the insolvency register

When can creditors start contacting me once the variation has been agreed on 25th January 21 or when it drops off the insolvency register?

Can I contact my creditors after the variation to get current figures?

Many thanks,

LS

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 pm
Your IVA will officially end once the termination notice is issued --- as with a completion certificate, this can take a few months. You will be removed from the Insolvency Register up to three months from the date the termination notice is issued. 'Normal' communications between you and your creditors can start, again, once the termination certificate is issued.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bowline

Post by bowline » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:47 am
It takes usually 8-12 weeks to set up a DRO so you should be getting this process underway now. don't wait until the IVA fails.

It would be very unusual for you to be harassed by a creditor immediately after your IVA fails. It will take most of them a month or two to realize what has happened. If you are, then ask your DRO adviser about a breathing space, which should stop any creditor contact for 60 days.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”