Cannot afford payments

3 posts Page 1 of 1

taz.17

Post by taz.17 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm
hello again.

since our last conversation things have gone way out of control. back in march I was coming up to my last year of the iva and in the may of 2008 I submitted my summery for the end of year review. there was no wage increase or decrease and they were asking for an increase in payment for £815 saying that was because for the last 2 years I had not been paying enough and this high increse was for the arrears that I had been accumulating unknowingly, it has since translated that at the begining of the iva, I had HP on a car with monthly payments of £219 once these payments had been made I was told the money should have been payed to them but after sending in a new summery it was agreed I would pay £550 and have done with no defaults. but back in march when I wrote to you they were saying I should be paying £815, on further investigation it is now been made clear that I have been accumulating arrears which I had no knowledge of at that time because I had agreed on the £550.
After a lot of ranguling and taking your advise regarding my wifes voluntary contrabution and a creditors meeting in august of this year. Some where along the line I ended up aggreing to paying £700 a month with an extra 4 months on top which im gutted about because i am unable to make £700 which I foolishly agreed to because i was worryed that it could collapse. I have since spoke to them and explained to them that to make the payments of £700 I would have to borrow off of family members with the climate as it is I cannot rely on family to help, my marriage is in tatters and my wife is likley to leave obviously taking her wages.I am at my wits end trying to keep things together and I am quite worryed that in the final stages of my iva that is likley to b***** collapse as well.

Do you have any suggestions? besides marriage guidence.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 pm
You need to talk to your IP about this as a matter of urgency. I can understand your worry - but you are so close to getting the IVA concluded that it would be such a shame to see this fall over at the final fence.

Why did you and your IP both feel that payments of £700 were affordable back in the summer? That was your chance to get a revised affordable payment - has anything happened since then to change your circumstances?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 am
I believe you have been forced wrongly to accept a higher monthly contribution that you could realisticly can afford to make.

What is your current level of income less your expenses and what monthly figure does that leave? - it maybe that another variation needs to be done. However lets get all the facts out in the open so that either Melanie or I or any other expert can comment and try and help you. So please provide what Melanie and I have requested.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”