can't get an annual statement

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Su.

Post by Su. » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:35 am
Hi

I currently have a IVA in force since Aug 2004 with Bridgestones in
Oldham. I have been requesting an annual statement and also information on how much is outstanding on the IVA, if there is a
penalty for clearing it now and for a update on the state of my affairs since May 2006 but nothing has been forthcoming I have sent
letters, left messages and also sent an email but still have had no
response? Is this right? Or am i not allowed to ask for this information?

Thanks

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:51 am
Hello Su

Sorry to hear that you are finding it so difficult to get through to your IP. You are quite within your rights to discuss all the points that you raised in your posts. I would recommend that you persevere and try and contact your IP direct on the phone, make sure that you arrange a set time for your IP to talk with you and if this is not kept then threaten to report the IP to the regulatory authority. You should have an annual review at least once a year and this would seem a good time to discuss these points.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

neverending

Post by neverending » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:23 pm
Hi
Your IP should be conducting an annual review at the anniversery of your IVA[Aug].They should be asking you for an updated income and expenditure form and proof of income/overtime etc.
I would write to your IP requesting a response within 14 days stating that you will have no other alternative than to report them to the regulatory body that oversees them.
Good luck
Andy Davie

cockerhoop

Post by cockerhoop » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 am
I am also with bridgestones since 2004, and find they are very quick in demanding things they have lost themselves (annually the pester me for pension info when they had the answer at the beginning) they like the annual pay slips on time etc, but do not send a full report back.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”