Car Finance?

6 posts Page 1 of 1

kal

Post by kal » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Hi,
Well as things have been going reasonably well, I suppose we should have expected something to be round the corner...waiting to bite us on the b*m!!!
DH's van has all but packed up and he has been told it will be hundreds to fix, so would be better to scrap it.
He needs the van as he is self employed and drives anywhere the work takes him.
I am not asking that we take a payment break or anything (I really don't want to have to ever be behind in our payments), but I thought I read somewhere that there is a possibility of getting car finance whilst in an IVA.
I thought I read that there are companies that will finance it - if so, does anyone have any details - I take it I would have to speak to my IP...would they allow this, or is this a no-no. The other option would be fo us to try and borrow some money - again how would this be viewed...say at the annual review, would they take this into consideration if we say we are having to pay this back?
Any answers would be gratefully received!!
k.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Hey Kal, sorry to hear that. I know Debbie used www.secretariatservices.net Talk to your IP, I'm sure they will understand. Good luck. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:38 pm
Secretariat were extremely helpful and efficient Kal.

Debbie
Debbie

sjbyron

Post by sjbyron » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:46 am
Hi

Think Money which runs Freeman Jones, Thinkbanking and Gregory pennington have a car financing company called thinkcar, their details are on the website http://www.thinkmoney.co.uk

I think Welcome Finance and Yes Car Loans would also offer some sort of finance, but best to speak to your IP first as it is a form of borrowing.

Good Luck
Stu J Byron

s_b

Post by s_b » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:02 am
Hi I'm 3 years into my IVA and for the last 18 months I've incurred excessive maintenance costs for my battered old car which became a liability. I didn't believe I could obtain any sort of finance for a replacement car and in truth I couldn't! However, I managed to get approval from my Supervisor to obtain a Personal Lease Plan vehicle! The company which supplied the vehicle are called "Duncton". The agency who put me on to them and co-ordinated all the paperwork are called "AZTEC Vehicle Solutions, whom I whole heartedly recommend. Check out their website? I was treated as a human being and didn't feel like a criminal!!! They'll try really hard to get you sorted out and I have to thank them for getting me a vehicle that will last the rest of my IVA. I can't thank them enough! Hope this helps?
kal wrote:

Hi,
Well as things have been going reasonably well, I suppose we should have expected something to be round the corner...waiting to bite us on the b*m!!!
DH's van has all but packed up and he has been told it will be hundreds to fix, so would be better to scrap it.
He needs the van as he is self employed and drives anywhere the work takes him.
I am not asking that we take a payment break or anything (I really don't want to have to ever be behind in our payments), but I thought I read somewhere that there is a possibility of getting car finance whilst in an IVA.
I thought I read that there are companies that will finance it - if so, does anyone have any details - I take it I would have to speak to my IP...would they allow this, or is this a no-no. The other option would be fo us to try and borrow some money - again how would this be viewed...say at the annual review, would they take this into consideration if we say we are having to pay this back?
Any answers would be gratefully received!!
k.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 am
Isn't it great when someone puts themselves out to help you in such a way [:)]

I might be wrong but I think Andy has mentioned Duncton before?

Debbie
Debbie
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “my car, can I keep it, repairs, etc”