Car HP

3 posts Page 1 of 1

lowe7447

Post by lowe7447 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:29 pm
Im new to the site. I have had my IVA for 30 months now. Ever since I took out the IVA I have been down grading cars to keep me on the road. I have now ended up in a banger. Its going to cost me more to keep the car on the road than the car is worth. The estimated repair bill to pass an MOT is £800. I have approached my IP about getting the above. They have agreed to the qoute of £126 per month in return for an extra 12month payments. Now I can't find a company to give me the credit. I have found the car I would like to get at my local vauxhall dealership and they have hadno joy in getting the credit. I have a guarantor if required. Can anyone help me in where to look? With thanks in an hopefull advance.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:32 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I know that one or two people on here have managed to have cars during an IVA, but I can't remember who it is.

Hopefully, someone who has done so will see this post and tell you t companies.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

greedfighter

Post by greedfighter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:24 pm
It was a condition of my IVA approval that I downgraded car which at the time was on PCP at £284 per month for a remaining 4 years - My IP permitted £135 per month for max 3 years. I used Welcome Finance, they weren't that keen on the phone (their call centre) so I went in to their offices locally to speak to someone. They sorted out a car loan there and then of £3300 for £134.00 over 3 years (Without PPI). I got the impression that by attending in person they were far more helpful whereas a call centre can just fob you off without a second thought. I also agreed to take out the PPI at the time which I thought helped(but then I simply cancelled it after the 7 days). I wouldn't normally go to Welcome, the interest rates are not that fantastic, but I got a fairly decent car at the time for that money, it was calculated within my IVA and I suppose beggars cant be choosers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “my car, can I keep it, repairs, etc”