Card payment details

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

paula555

Post by paula555 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:48 pm
Ebenegate have taken over my Iva from vanguard.
I paid vanguard on by standing order each month.
Ebenegate want my 16 digit and the security code from my card so they can take the payments each month. Something worries me about this help .

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm
No, you don't have to do this and I would certainly not be giving across my card details, especially the CVV number. Explain that you wish things to stay as they are.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:55 pm
Refuse !

Your agreement to start the IVA with your provider was, in part, determined by the fact that you could pay by DD and forms part of the basis you did business with them and they cannot simply force a new payment method on you which you have not agreed to. DD gives you the DD guarantee, recurring card payments do not and recipients can (and have ) take more out of the account than agreed.

If they insist I would take the matter to formal complaint and then to their regulatory body for putting the IVA in jeopardy by their refusal to accept payment in the manner originally agreed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

IVAHelp123

Post by IVAHelp123 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 pm
I've had the same from EbeneGate. Firstly I received an email from them offering me to change from SO to Recurring Payment (which I didn't reply as it was only an offer which I read as an option). However, today I receieved a text saying:

"Hi name, we have contacted you in the past offering you the opportunity to switch your payment method for your arrangement to Recurring Card Payment (RCP). As yet we note that you have not switched over and we require you to do so within the next 14 days.

Paying by RCP is the best way to ensure your arrangement stays on track."

So it's gone from an offer, to a requirement and I'm not happy about giving my card details out as they can take money when they want and how much they want.

I've never missed a payment and don't understand why they wish to change it when it's not "broken".

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:58 pm
You do not have to do it - as long as you are making your payments they cannot force you into this and I, for one, would not be happy to do it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:28 pm
You have very little protection with RCPs, unlike with direct debits. Don't change.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:59 am
Whst a frankly disgusting way to act. Its quite clear what is likely to happen, with them being able to adjust payments whenever they like.

No idea why governing bodies would allow a firm running IVAs to do so in such a fashion!!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

IVAHelp123

Post by IVAHelp123 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:33 pm
Yeah, I won't be switching payment methods. I'm waiting on a copy of my annual review from them as they didn't give me a threshold unlike Vanguard did. I'll be sticking with the SO I agreed to before agreeing to the IVA. This post has helped. 👍

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 am
This payment type requires your consent OR forms part of a contract that you enter into.

If they are requiring you to pay this way, the IVA agreement itself would need to be amended as that is your contract.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”