Cars

11 posts Page 1 of 1

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am
Meet the OR next week and need some advice about cars.
My other half has registered as self employed and will need his car for business, it is valued on parkers as:
Private good: £2,190
Private poor: £1,605

My car is used to take my disabled son to school (need to fit wheelchair in boot!) The parkers valuation is:
Private good: £645
Private poor: £440 (needs new exhaust so I would guess it is in poor condition)

I am concerned that my husband who works freelance will not be allowed to keep his car. This will mean that he is unable to go to work or find more business.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Also we are considering moving to Europe in the summer. I think it will be easier for my husband to find work in Spain. Will the OR be able to prevent us from going abroad to look for work?
We intend to stay with friends whilst looking.

I am desperatley worried about this, Thanks for being my lifeline over the last few months!!!...........
Stuffed

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:26 am
Hey stuffed, ooh, moving abroad, I'm jealous! I think that you can go on the "poor" valuation on parkers guide and £2500 is the max so I think you will both be ok as you have genuine reasons for them. However, I think you may need the experts on this one. Good luck for next week. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:33 am
Thanks Viki,
I need all the help I can get from the experts!!!
Panicking that the OR will prevent us from going abroad to look for work though!.
This is all such a mess and I am dreading next week. Anyone got any useful tips for the OR meeting?
I am filling in the forms at the moment and realise that we are still spending more money than we are making. My brother has told me that he will help us out with the rent for a year or so, hopefull we won't have to move house as well!!
Does anyone know if they will inform my landlord?. The tenancy agreement doesn't mention it and we have recently received a reference saying that we are model tenants!
We are worried that we will be thrown out on the streets if he finds out.

Getting desperate now and can't sleep. Wish I could afford more wine!!

Once again
Thanks all

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:44 am
Stuffed, while your waiting for expert answers here, post on the bankruptcy site, link on the top left of this page. Julian and Vikki are always around and they are bankruptcy experts so you may get a quick answer. Viki X

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:47 am
Do you mean that I should copy and paste the topic or is there some other way of transferring it?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am
Click on this http://www.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

You can post on their forum, it's our sister site, you'll find them very helpful. Viki X

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am
The OR cannot prevent you from going abroad. You will need to advise them of any change in your circumstances, and if there is enough surplus you will get an IPA, but that's it - they won't stop you going!

Regarding the car - write down the reasons that you need the cars, and have it to hand for your interview. That way if you are stressed you can refer to your not rather than stuttering - like me! I really cannot see the OR taking your hubby's car as there is no logic in preventing him from working.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Hi Stuffed

I have my interview with the OR next week too. Good Luck with yours and we can compare notes.

Dee

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm
Stuffed, the cars should be safe as your hubby needs his to be able to earn and it would cost far more in taxi's for your son to school.
Europe sounds great, you go for it.
It's nice to be back......

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:09 pm
hi stuffed, just want to say good luck, hope everything works out well for you and your family!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 am
Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts. Getting really worried now!! Started reading the insolvency service website and am convinced that we will end up in deep trouble!! Perhaps I shouldn't read it, it all sounds a bit depressing.
Good luck Dee on your OR interview next week as well.
Once again
Thanks
stuffed
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”