Case Officer number 5 please!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
76 posts Page 1 of 6

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 am
Does anyone know what on earth is going on with Payplan at the moment. Phoned up my case officer to tell them I had received a bonus and ask what I needed to do next, only to be told I had been allocated yet another new one!

This is the 5th one I have had in 7 months.

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:01 am
What a Joke!How on earth are you expected to have a working relationship with a insolvency company when they treat you like this,Ridiculous.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:01 am
Not good Gert!!!! I've actually kept one for a couple of months now although who knows how long that will last!!! It's still my third since December and I've lost count of how many I've had since the IVA started.

It would be good to have just one person that you can build up a relationship with over the term rather than having to explain changes in circumstances again to someone else which is what I had to do last week with my annual review.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 am
Well that does explain as to why my emails were not being answered as I wasn't emailing the right person (or they have left)! Nice to have been told by correspondence without having to stumble across this info by accident.

When I 1st contacted Payplan in July last year they were so helpful, and put my mind at ease which is why I chose them as a company to use. Reading all the posts on here over the past few weeks however has started to unsettle a lot of us.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 am
Do you use Payplan plus Gert? If so, you log in and go to the contact us page and it will tell you who your current case officer is. To be fair, the last two that I have had have actually emailed me when they have taken over the account to introduce themselves. Whenever I need to email now, I check to make sure I'm contacting the correct one!!

Up until the end of last year I have had no problems with Payplan but since then there seems to be a change round of staff too often for my liking and the goalposts are constantly being moved.

It doesn't instill confidence at all.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am
I am not allowed payplan plus as it is not available for people who are self employed. I phoned up payplan and told them that it was my Husband who is self employed and not me, and it is me with the IVA and not him!

Apparently it doesn't matter and the IT team are working on fixing it but I have been hearing that since I signed up with them last September!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am
How strange!! Why should you not be allowed that? It's only checking how your IVA is going after all.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 am
A few of the iva factories seem to be having problems over the past year...I wonder what the problem is.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 pm
Why is there a different system for self-employed people? An IVA is an IVA at the end of the day - there should be no differences in the administration of either type of case.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:48 pm
I am afraid I have no idea, but that is what I was told.

As I said it is my Husband who is self employed and not me.

I have a full time job with a very large global company and my husband has nothing to do with my IVA what so ever, except we had to tell payplan of his earnings when I setup my IVA as he conttibutes to the household bills/mortgage etc.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm
I really cannot see why on earth you can't do Payplan plus. It is just a budgeting/checking your IVA and payments tool, nothing more.

Get on to your case officer again and insist that you be allowed to register for it - I find it very usefull.
Bob Marley.

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:55 pm
what would they say if you insisted you keep your case worker for a set time unless they left the company or got promoted.im sure that they just switch round for the sake of it.they can't tell me that there staff is permantley on the move.we pay a percentage of our payments to them so surely we have a say.it drives me nuts that when i call they turn round and say thats not your case worker now.the next time they do it im gonna ask why and if theres not a good reason im gonna ask to speak to my ip and see what they say just to get a reason.nick must know there procedures so can you please tell us your stratergy behind this free for all.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:18 pm
I don't think you can stipulate that - it's company policy and you cannot stipulate who your case worker is. They can do whatever they like and you can't tell them how to run their company. I'm not happy with the case workers changing but can do nothing about it.
Bob Marley.

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 pm
off course theres something you can do.if your not happy with the way they are running your case you can tell them that.we are no simple puppets they can dangle about at there leisure.they are being paid by us so have to respect your wishes as long as your doing your bit correctly.you just got to stand your ground and have a bit of back bone.they are not infallable and are just like you and me.well at least mel is[:)]
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 pm
I don't agree - your company are the ones administering your IVA and, whilst you may not be happy with the service you get at times, if your case worker changes/leaves/is dismissed - what can you do ahout it?

You are tied in for the term of the IVA and ask long as you are both adhering to the conditions there's nothing you can do.

Nowhere does it say that your case manager cannot change during that period.

I'm not happy about the constant change but nothing I can do about it.
Bob Marley.
76 posts Page 1 of 6
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”