CCCS Guideline for living expenses

44 posts Page 3 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:15 pm
I'd be standing there with her - love lightning and thunder!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 pm
bonkers the pair of you !!! thou I don't mind the thunder any more, had to change my view so it didn't worry DD.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:58 pm
Storms don't bother me, but I certainly don't want to see them on holiday!!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:01 pm
I have to see the sun in the sky on holiday or I'm real mardy!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 pm
Same here Lesley! It can't be long to your holiday now...

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 am
It was 5 weeks yesterday Skippy, looking forward to it very much.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 pm
Not that you're counting Lesley!

I am so looking forward to the day that Helen and I can go and see some real storms in the States and hopefully see a tornado or two!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:38 pm
I'm looking forward to it Jan and then another time I'm filled with dread at leaving daughter, son is now going to move back in for a week just for my peace of mind more than anything.

I'm frightened of flying and ok if I don't think about it! Just a general wimp and worrier is me! x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm
The first time we went away and left daughter, she stayed with her friend as she was only 15 so didn't feel comfortable leaving her on her own! Since then she has been a star and I have no worries at all.

I don't mind flying - I think of the lovely weather and relaxation that's waiting for me the other end.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 pm
That's a good thought to have Jan and may try that in my relaxation technique when onboard. I will go on a plane as I know if I don't I won't get anywhere too warm without lady luck being on my side as this country doesn't come with guaranteed sunshine.

Daughter is 17 and boyfriend is staying the week too, but will feel better if 23 year old lad steps in for the week. Just to make sure! x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:06 pm
There is nowhere better than this country if you get the weather, but as you say, it's not guaranteed, especially this time of year!

I know the first time we left our daughther on her own we made sure they neighbours knew. One of them had a key and a remote for the alarm and they were told to stand no nonsense!

She has her faults but I know the house and dogs are in safe hands if we're not there.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm
Oh I wouldn't even worry about her doing anything wrong as she's far too sensible and it's mid-term so she'll be busy writing essays etc., it's her safety just in case anything happens that makes me worry which is why I've requested son stays here. I make it sounds like I live in the Bronx I don't, I just worry x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 pm
We knew our neighbours would keep an eye open for us and that she could call on them if needs be.

She also knew that if anything happened she'd never be left on her own again!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 pm
When I used to go away without my eldest son I loved coming home, he's an OCD for cleaning and the whole house was so much cleaner than when we left it. He's at Manchester Uni so he can't do it so the 2nd son will come but he's a right messy lad, daughter will be cleaning up after him I know that for a fact x
44 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”