CCJ's - long message i am afraid

2 posts Page 1 of 1

hammy0107

Post by hammy0107 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 pm
In february i decided to go for an IVA and stopped paying my creditors on the advice of my IP. In between stopping paying and my IVA proposal going out to my creditors i received 2 court action notices which i sent back my incoming / outgoing as requested. I have now received 2 CCJ's against me for amounts i cannot physically pay. I wrote to the court informing them that i could not pay the amounts within the judgement and that i was in the process of proposing a IVA. I have received a form for one saying i could appeal against the amount, the other i am still waiting to hear from. My creditors meeting is tomorrow and according to my IP neither of the creditors with CCJ's in place have voted yet. What happens if they don't vote? does the CCJ's or the IVA take precedence? Also the creditor info i originally gave my IP may not now be accurate as the CCJ's need to be paid to representatives of these companies. What if the proposal has gone to the wrong company, i.e the creditor rather than either a representative or somebody who bought the debt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:42 pm
The IVA takes precedence over the CCJs, so the fact that you have CCJs in place makes little matter. I am sure that your IP will have made sure that the appropriate notices were sent to each creditor.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”