Changes in circumstances.

4 posts Page 1 of 1

g.bm

Post by g.bm » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 pm
Hi, I am back on the forum after a few months. My IVA went through OK on 28th May 2008 at 39 pence in the pound. I have made all my payments plus extra due to overtime etc. (50% over my allowed limit, I see from the forum that this is standard). Although I am with Synergi.... [:(!]I know they have had some bad press..... everthing is running smoothly so far.
I have is I have recently been promoted at work and have had a payrise in the region og £2500.00.[:D] My IP gets all my bank statemnets and wage slips monthly so they will see this rise. I am, as I said, paying 50% of any income I get over my allowed income straight to the IVA. My question is do I ask for a review of my monthley income and expediture to best suit my circumstances now? or do I let this go until June 09 when my annual review would be due? Also bearing in mind I have taken on extra responsibility at work and moved my career forward should I be able to 'improve' my expediture allowances, ie: more money for food, clothing, sundries etc otherwise what do I work for? With my extra income the pence in the pound to my creditors would not suffer and maybe improve so we colud all be winners.
Just want some thoughts from all you experts outhere who have seen it and done it etc.... before I approach my IP.
Thanks...... sorry that was a bit of a rant........
Gary

g.bm

Post by g.bm » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 pm
Ps. sorry for the spelling mistakes in the first posting.... its late and I want to go to bed.......[|)]
Gary

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm
No harm in asking them to review things at this point in time, but I think it is doubtful that you will be able to broker any increases in expenditure unless your costs have actually increased.

Remember that an IVA is only for five years, but a career is for life. So your increased salary will bring you many benefits once your payments to creditors have ceased.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm
hi gbm you are entitled to rant-this stuff can be stressful.
hopefully an expert will be along-i know mel was on earlier good luck x
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “my car, can I keep it, repairs, etc”