Changes to Cashminder Account

73 posts Page 1 of 5

JSmith9114

Post by JSmith9114 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:22 pm
Dont know if anyone else has heard, But from 8th June the Co-op will be issuing Visa Debit cards instead of the Electron one on the cashminder account... It was on the forums at moneysavingexpert.com

I can't wait!! Finally a proper debit card! :D

James
IVA DONE!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 pm
I had a leaflet from the Co-op last year that mentioned a Visa debit card, but when I phoned up the people I spoke to didn't know anything about it. I also wrote to the Co-op asking about it, and they didn't bother replying!

It'll be interesting to see if any Co-op staff actually know about it now!

JSmith9114

Post by JSmith9114 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Skippy13 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if any Co-op staff actually know about it now!
Apparantly it's on the Co-op Intranet for staff that all new applicants will get a Visa Debit instead of Electron from 8th June.. Existing accounts will get one as their Electron cards expire.

James
IVA DONE!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 09, 2009 4:36 pm
Thanks for that. Mine was due to expire in 2010, but I lost the card and the new one has a long date so I don't suppose I'll get one without asking!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat May 09, 2009 4:40 pm
I would imagine that if you want to change your electron card you will get to. I have only had one problem using my electron card(in 9 months) so probably not fussed to get a visa delta.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm
I've got a Nationwide account with a Visa debit for my money, but I use the Cashminder account for our housekeeping money and it would be handy to have a full account as some places and websites won't accept Electron. Not many I must admit, but I don't think you can shop online at some shops.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am
Thats great. We are with Halifax at the moment, but its worth considering a change if they will be having Visa Debot cards instead of Visa Electron cards!
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm
Daughter found that her electron card wasn't accepted online at Direct Line for car insurance, but when she rang them up she was able to do it over the phone, with her electron card at the internet price.

Perhaps worth a try?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sjbyron

Post by sjbyron » Sun May 31, 2009 10:56 am
I asked coop the other day and the gentleman said its going to stay as an electron card, and being bankrupt I will keep the card for another 6 years
Stu J Byron

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 31, 2009 11:03 am
Skippy, did you get your Nationwide Account with the Visa debit before or after B/R - I ask because they seem to be very strict and am told refuse even the basic account for people in IVA? David

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 am
Just as a test yesterday I had to go into nationwide and put a cheque in and whilst I was there I asked what was the chance of a debit card or cheque book but I knew what the answer would be so will have to look at a pre-pay card. Considering I have been with them for about 30 years thought it was worth I try. A few years ago when I was doing a lot of overtime and regularly earning between £2000 to £2500 a month with no adverse credit history they turned me down for a credit card. They seem very strict, but after saying that they havn't been bailed out by the taxman.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:20 am
Skippy had her account before she went BR I believe. I don't think Nationwide are open to IVA or BR now.

Paul - they wouldn't give me a full account before I had financial problems, yet Barclays did - and a credit card!

I use the Paypal prepaid card. After the initial set up payment (£4.95) it only costs £1 if you top up from the Post Office and nothing if you do it via a Paypal account or via your bank. I use it for all my internet purchases.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 31, 2009 11:35 am
Jan, I have ordered a paypal one now but can't help thinking that the clearcash one will be a good one for me but cant justify the £10 a month at the moment. If Nationwide start charging for a basic account then that will answer the question then.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 am
The Paypal one is good just for purchases.

If Nationwide start charging, then I will be moving to another account as well.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 31, 2009 12:36 pm
Jan's right, my full Nationwide account is an old one that I opened years before I went BR and had stopped using. I also have a basic account that I opened when I was BR, before they changed their policy.
73 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”