Changes to Cashminder Account

73 posts Page 3 of 5

sjbyron

Post by sjbyron » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:29 pm
Im sticking with Think at the moment, to be honest, with the problems i have had with coop and the fact that Student Loans wont enter my coop account details correctly.
Stu J Byron

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm
I know whenever I have paid money in, I have always checked that the right amount has been credited to the account.

It should be the same if you transfer from account to another in the same bank. You should be able to access those payments on the same day.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:03 am
I've just spoken to the Co-op and they are going to be sending Visa debit cards to all their existing Cashminder account holders in July, whether their cards are due to expire or not.

In that case I'm probably going to start using my Cashminder again as it'll be as good as a full account then.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am
Don't blame you - this isn't the first time you've had problems with Nationwide is it?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:16 am
There was the chequebook fiasco when they insisted they'd sent it to me and I suddenly got 3 in one go, but that's the only other problem I've had, although I don't find their telephone system very user friendly!

I'm going to keep the Nationwide account open and use it for my housekeeping money, and I will also then be able to keep their esavings accounts which I'm happy with.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am
Was it the Co-op who sent you overdrawn when you ordered something? Or have I lost the plot?
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:26 am
No, that was Nationwide! The Co-op have always been great and the only reason I changed from them was to get a Visa debit rather than Electron card.

carrie

Post by carrie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:15 am
That's great news about all existing cashminder accounts. We opened a cashminder a couple of months ago when we started IVA proceedings. I have not had the confidence to use the visa electron in any shops as I never know if they will accept it. The payment methods aren't always prominently displayed. I have been dealing in cash mainly. But you end up getting more out than you need to ensure you have enough at the till.

thefsg

Post by thefsg » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 pm
I've had a Co-op Cashminder account since January and I'm a bit confused about this thread.

I've used the Electron card in all sorts of places for example Aldi, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl, Morrisons and Waitrose. As well as McDonalds, chemists, Wilkinson, petrol stations etc., etc.

I think it's becoming more and more widely accepted - for example I read somewhere that Tesco and Aldi only started accepting it relatively recently.

The only place I've ever had a problem was at a Shell pay-at-pump petrol station but went into the kiosk and my Electron was accepted there.

Where have people had problems with Electron?
Last edited by thefsg on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debt problems, what debt problems? I'm not in De Thames, I'm in De Nile.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:37 pm
I think there is a problem with using Electron online - some places won't accept it. However, my daughter had problems with Direct Line and when she phoned them up about it, they accepted it over the phone.
Bob Marley.

Locko

Post by Locko » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:46 pm
Will be good to get a debit card with the cashminder account as Marks and Spencers dont accept electron, I have to say only for the good discount they offer on school uniforms Locko

c.j

Post by c.j » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:21 pm
mine wasnt accepted when i shopped online with tesco, asda petrol station and b and m bargains.I havent had problems anywhere else so am very happy with my co-op account.
Iva finished !

JSmith9114

Post by JSmith9114 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:27 pm
Has anyone got their Visa Debit card from The Co-op yet?!

James
IVA DONE!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:40 pm
I think Skippy said it was July they were being sent out.

I havent had any problems with my electron card(except blackcircles tyres online,but they accepted it on the phone!!)

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

wonder

Post by wonder » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 pm
My maestro/solo card is not always accepted online, bit of a pain. Most other places accept it.
Life goes on!!
73 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”