Changing IP in an IVA?

9 posts Page 1 of 1

stu.s

Post by stu.s » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:49 pm
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can advise me. Is it possible to move an IVA to a different IP midway through the arrangement? I have 19 months down with 53 to go, and my IP is far less than helpful. I can rarely get to speak to him, I get fobbed off with lame excuses where possible, and my arrangement seems to be 110% creditor driven! There rarely seems to be any interest in what I can afford, just what they want me to afford. I have never been allowed a contingency, any unforseen expenses having to come from the 10% extra of my income I am allowed to keep. The problem with this is my income was made up of about 30% overtime until this damn recession wiped most of that out!
I need an IP that is behind me in wanting the IVA to succeed, for the benefit of the creditors AND myself!
I have been recommended an excellent IP by a friend, but I just need to know if it is possible to move?
Sorry if I seemed to ramble, but its one of those days/weeks/months/years (you know what I mean?)!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to move to another company once you have started your IVA. It would involve another court hearing and a lot of money.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with yours, who is it?

If you are having problems contacting your IP, you can email them directly using this link:

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

stu.s

Post by stu.s » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:14 pm
Oh well, I kinda suspected that would be the case. I am with a company called "Dawson White", I doubt anyone has ever heard of them, they seem to have fewer employees than Woolworths!
Just to give you an example of the way they drive the arrangement, when my wife and I begun the IVA she was on maternity leave on minimal pay. As these were the figures our surplus calculation were based on, when my wife returned to work for 3 months after the 12 month leave our income went up considerably. However, despite alot of my wife's wage being eroded by full time child care, 50% of the extra income had to be put into the IVA because neither the income nor the childcare were part of our original surplus calculations. This made it look as though we had a huge income, whereas in reality it just made a small difference to us!
They always seem reluctant to base anything on reality! Never mind, only 53 months to go (plus 12 in leiu of equity release no doubt!). Now I'm off to search the land for a discarded winning lottery ticket, anyone care to join me?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:19 pm
I must admit that I have never heard of them.

I do recommend putting all your grievances in an email to the IP - it just might work!

We've bought the winning Euro Millions lottery ticket today, so I'll help you out if I win the 89 million![:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

stu.s

Post by stu.s » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:28 pm
Thanks for the advice. Just one last thing, if you could tell me what numbers you used, we could both share the jackpot. I'm sure everyone else will be kind to us and pretend they didn't read the numbers you post!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm
[:D][:D][:D]
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:19 pm
It is nigh impossible to change your IP once an IVA is in place, so I recommend that you try and work with the one you have got and if you are unhappy with their service perhaps it is good to highlight this in a personal letter to the IP who may not be aware that his staff are letting the side down.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun May 03, 2009 6:29 pm
Dawson White have recently been sold to the Debt People - where Stephen Quinnn is the IP.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 03, 2009 6:58 pm
when you email your IP, mention that you use and take advice from this forum, believe me it does help. Hubby's IP must have been the most inept you could ever come across, but he did improve ever so slightly when he knew about this forum ( coupled with a nudge from Mrs Giles [:D])

Don't be fobbed off...write very strong worded emails and complain to their governing body if need be.

Thankfully there are good IP's out there and even though your stuck with yours, you can get advice etc from the ones who post on here.

Good luck xx
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “who would you recommend?”