Charities

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:25 pm
I need a few ideas! At work we all pay £2 per month to charity and have a dress down day each Friday. I am responsible for collecting the money and making sure it's sent to the charities each month (don't laugh, they have a bankrupt charity co-ordinator!. If anyone has any suggestions for charities that we can donate to I'd be grateful - I asked at work and only got one suggestion!

I can't promise I'll use them all, but I need help as I'm running out of ideas!

So far this year some of the charities we've donated to have been the MS Society, Cancer Research UK, Marie Curie Cancer Care, Barnardos, RNLI, CRY and the Royal British Legion, so any new ones would be great!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:20 pm
Well i was going to suggest the MS society but you done that already (thank you)
How about the local special care baby unit?

mrs skint
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:42 pm
Theres also the research into Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:26 pm
Skippy do you have a hospice in your area as they rely so much on donations as are not government funded.
I have a fab childrens one near me and they do such a fantastic job caring for people, always a great cause in my opinion..
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:52 pm
Macmillan Nurses
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:39 pm
NSPCC.... never forget how dissapointed I was at begining of IVA, seemed odd given the enormity of the thing that having to cancel my £10ppm DD to them seemed such a big deal....Now always give them whatever I can afford from 'the pocket' when I see the collections, but sure it's a lot less than it was....

Tisn't going to be easy to choose Skippy, they all sound like good causes to me..... at least no-ones suggested 'save the crill, ban the whale'.... a lesser known Japanese charity!!!

Best wishes

Martin

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:47 pm
Thanks for all your suggestions and keep 'em coming!

As we're a small company we don't collect much but every little helps. Some months I split the money between 2 charities and other months it goes to 1, depending on how many I've got on my list!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:00 pm
Skippy what about an animal related charity.

I know there are so many good causes out there in need and hey never get enough but I never forget the animals.

I am passionate about animal welfare (particularly dogs and horses, but love every animal) and animal cruelty in any form sickens me.

I have today packed up some of my pamered dogs treats and sent to a dog rescue centre to give them a treat this Christmas.
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 am
I will definitely be doing an animal charity, although I can't get away with it too often as the people I work with want to do children's charities most of the time! I can't do cat charities either as my boss hates cats and won't give any money!

mum of 4

Post by mum of 4 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:36 pm
you could sponsor a guide dog for the blind, it is a really good cause, you'll get to name your puppy and then see progress reports throught the first year and beyond.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 pm
I used to sponsor one! We are going to do Guide Dogs for the Blind in January.

This month we have sent £35 to a local children's hospics and £38 to Macmillan Cancer Support.

cul8tr

Post by cul8tr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:57 pm
Most of the air ambulance teams are funded through charity donations - perhaps a worthy cause as is all those identified to date.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 pm
Skippy that's fantastic and such good causes, what a great idea, wonder if my boss would go for it? Might be worth a try.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”