cheshire mortgage corp

21 posts Page 1 of 2

ksmiuk

Post by ksmiuk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 pm
Been told that this company deal with mortgages post IVa but have high interest of 9.8% anyone dealt with them before? Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 pm
I've not heard of them before, and it does seem a high rate to have to pay.

Hopefully Welshboy will be along to comment on this company.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:35 pm
ksmiuk

You are correct they do in fact deal with IVA`s, their rates reflect their attitude to lending in this marketplace. Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 am
Again another company that gains through those with colourful credit history. I know they take an increases risk in lending but if the lending is secured against property of greater value than the loan surely they cant fail to get their money back??
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Max

Post by Max » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 am
Absolutely right plasticdaft - in fact one could argue that an ex IVA client would be far more careful in that he/she will not want to make the same mistakes again. I am told that the Chelsea BS are reasonable with ex IVA but they want to know all the ins and outs.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:12 am
A couple of years ago there were many companies willing to lend at reasonable rates to those in IVAs. However, there are very few now and I suppose those that do can basically charge what they like given the lack of competition. This will only change when the supply of credit is restored. The Chelsea used to be one of the cheapest in the market if you met their criteria but I am not sure if they still lend in adverse cases.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 am
Guess I just have to hope rates stay low for a year or 5!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 am
We've just fixed our mortgage so expect them to stay low for 5 years and then rocket just as we're coming to renew!

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 am
My own opinion, for what it is worth, is that interest rates will remain the same for a little while longer before gradually starting to creep up again, probably just after the next general election, or is that too cynical a view?

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:35 am
I think that may be well-placed cynicism size5!

We shouldn't forget that the link between interest rates set by the Bank of England and the interest rates offered by "sub-prime" lenders is not a strong one.

What the Bank of England do with interest rates is probably of less relevance to IVA-related mortgages than future house price movement and the sentiment of those who supply lenders with funds.
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:35 am
I agree Size5. We were offered a tracker or a 2, 3 or 5 year mortgage so we went for the 5 year as rates aren't going to drop any further. It's only £40 a month cheaper than what I was paying, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately it's still interest only but there's no way we could afford a repayment.

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:35 am
I have just rung the Chelsea and asked them about IVAs. They wont touch them now till they have been completed at least 3 years.
Here is another lender that likes to make money out of the market at the moment.
http://www.platform.co.uk/intermediarie ... t_btl.aspx
IVA completed

Max

Post by Max » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 am
Thank you for info about the Chelsea. They have broken a promise they made when they took over the Catholic Building Society - they promised they would keep the ethos of that Society in helping those in difficulty or those who have been in difficulty - they appear now unwilling to do so.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 am
Unfortunately there are factors outside the remit of the Chelsea. I am sure they would love to be still lending as it was a profitable business for them but given the lack of securitisation and the recent downgrades by the credit ratings industry makes it much more difficult to do so.

Unfortunately the Chelsea seems to be tarred with the same brush as all adverse lenders even thought they were much more selective about who they loaned money to and have only a small commercial loan book. A few years ago I was told by a developement manager at the Chelsea that the default rate among their adverse clients was way below that for first time buyers. People who have had problems in the past and thought they would lose their home are much more likely to maintain future payments than those having problems for the first time.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am
What annoys me is that most banks wont even let you apply. You mention IVA and they shut the door in your face. I must say that HSBC were very good in they did look at all the facts. Our new mortgage is due to start with them on `July 1st. Just as well as had a letter from our existing lender today saying they were going to put up the SVR when our fixed rate ends. How can they put up a rate when the BOE base rate is so low ? Still they can take a running jump now we have left them.
IVA completed
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “mortgages”