Child Tax Credits for the Chop in 2012

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
48 posts Page 4 of 4

RHB

Post by RHB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:43 pm
That's the problem though when you have a second family.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 pm
To be honest, I doubt if I could have afforded it anyway.

I think my daughter has been better off for mixing with other kids from a very early age and the childminder was a second mother to her.

Whilst I am looking forward to retirement, I've also been very happy at work and do enjoy the money.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:14 pm
When my eldest was born whom is 8 this year, I only had 3 months maternity leave too.
N the job I was doing were odd shifts 7-3am n 3-11pm. My rota was different every week n had to work the holidays, xmas etc. My hubby doing the similar pattern but in split shifts - being a chef n also having to work holidays etc.
There were not as many Child Care options even then, n the cost to pay someone to look after a 3/4 month old went way above my earnings alone. No extended family to help n support with child care - ment my career had to be put on hold. Hubby went from strength to strength in his & went to college finally becoming a Head Chef.
And with the introduction of child tax credits - we felt as though we were doing the right thing, me at home with the boys n hubby working for a good average wage, down side are the unsociable, inflexible, weekly changing rotas. And for myself not having my own "wage & income" to rely on.
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x
48 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”