Christmas Recipe No 5

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:31 pm
Being a bit of a cheffette I have quite a few recipes sent me by various companies and people. this one was sent to me by BBC Food and is 'child friendly'. Does that mean iot won't kill 'em?? I have tried it and they are delicious even though I'm not a great lover of either white chocolate or cranberries. Have a go .....

These cookies should be quite soft when they are taken out of the oven so that when they cool down they are crisp on the outside but moist and chewy inside.

Ingredients
110g/4oz unsalted butter, softened
110g/4oz golden caster sugar
110g/4oz light muscovado sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
170g/6oz plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
150g/5oz white chocolate, cut into small chunks
85g/3oz dried sweetened cranberries

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
2. Beat the butter together with the sugar. With a fork beat the egg together with the vanilla essence and add this to the butter mixture.
3. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter and egg mixture and blend well. Mix in the chunks of white chocolate and cranberries.
4. Make the cookies: line four baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
5. Using your hands, form the dough into walnut-sized balls and arrange on the baking sheets spaced well apart.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 pm
Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

tori

Post by tori » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 pm
[:D][:p]I was just about to comment that this recipe had no chocolate in!! But i've just spotted the white chocolate bit[:p]I love any kind of chocolate no matter what the colour!! And cookies-well,i could eat them all day.I'm going to give all these recipes to oh,so that he can start practicing his baking skills[:D]and i will be the taster[;)]!!xx
Last edited by tori on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:04 pm
Mmmm,they sound different Ray ..bet they're quite yummy too[:p]...not to keen on Cranberries but would be willing to give it a go...If you're baking them[;)]... I do like Cookies,still trying to get the ones that Jan suggested from Tescos..[:(]they sounded really yummy[:p]..

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:07 pm
They are DM. Perhaps they don't sell them in every Tesco? They are the finest range, either half covered choc chip, or fully covered brazil nut. Not cheap, only 8 in the box but they are biggeer than normal cookies and great for a bit of indulgence!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:16 pm
You're probably right Jan but I'll keep looking out for them[:)], I don't give up easily...Tori,that sounds like a plan[;)][:D]

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:19 pm
What cookies were they Kallis ( he enquired nosely)
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 pm
Tesco Finest Fully coated Brazil Nut cookies, and Tesco Finest Half Coated Triple Choc cookies.

They are very moreish.
Bob Marley.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:32 pm
Ingredients

125g butter, chopped
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
125g milk choc bits
125g dark choc bits

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base of 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, cream butter, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth (do not overbeat). Beat in egg.
3. Sift flours and cocoa together. Add flour mixture and choc bits to butter mixture, stir well to combine.
4. Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays, leaving about 6cm between each. Bake, in batches, for 12-15 minutes or until just firm on the surface. Stand cookies on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

For Brazil nut cookies replace chocy bits with nutty bits and use a little extra chocolate to dip the biccies to half coat them ... yummy

Eat yer heart out Jamie Oliver[:D]
Wizzzard xxx

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:03 pm
Mmmmm!!! Yummy...Who needs Jamie Oliver when we've got you Ray[:)]

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 pm
Nice Ray, but I think on this occasion I'll stick to the Tesco ones - that's real indulgence!
Bob Marley.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “family forum”