Christmas Recipe No 6

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:31 pm
Good afternoon people ... here's a tasty little recipe which can be added to in order to make a variety of toffees which are ideal as gifts for grand dad, dad or even me [:D]

To make Christmas Toffee Treats you will need...

1 lb sugar
1/3 pint water
1 ozs butter
2 level tablespoons golden syrup
2 teaspoons of rum
1 teaspoon vinegar

Method...

1) Put the water, butter rum and vinegar into a large saucepan and as it heats slowly add the sugar and syrup gradually to avoid burning. Stir over a steady heat until the sugar has dissolved.

2) Bring to the boil and cook slowly for about 15 minutes or so.

3) To test for consistency stage drop about half a teaspoon of the mixture into a cup of cold water, if it sets hard then it is done, if still soft and chewy cook for a little longer and test again.

4) Pour into oiled or buttered tin, make sure you use a tin and not anything pot or glass because this will make it very hard to get the toffee out once it has hardened. At this stage you can add mixed nuts if liked [:D]

5) After about 10 minutes or so mark in squares as toffee becomes partially set. This will enable you to break the toffee up when completely set.

I used to let my daughter do these for her grandfather, with supervision of course. He loved them. She would pack them into clean jam jars and normally got two jars full from the above mix.
Last edited by Wizzzard on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:40 pm
Ray, these recipes are fab, thanks, keep them coming, I really am going to try some of them. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:26 pm
Oooh, that sounds nice Ray![^]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:41 pm
Mmmm!!!They sound nice Ray and quite easy to make too[:)]
At this stage you can add mixed nuts if liked
I'd add Choccie to some as well,Yum[:p]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “family forum”