Christmas Recipe No 8

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pm
Good afternoon all ... just back fropm Toys 'R Us and if Tori is reading this, our store had great deals on Barbie stuff. anyhoo ... here is a fave recipe of mine ... my Nan used to make it every year and I still do it for Boxing Day

Figgy Pudding

Ingredients

4 oz plain flour
A pinch of salt
4 oz breadcrumbs
4 oz shredded suet
1 tsp. mixed spice
1 tsp. baking powder
3 oz dark soft brown sugar
8 oz chopped dried figs
Finely grated rind and juice of one lemon
2 tbs milk
2 beaten eggs

Method

Sift the salt and flour together, then mix with all the remaining dry ingredients. Add the figs, lemon rind and juice, milk and beaten eggs, and beat them well. The mixture should have a soft, dropping consistency. Put into a greased 2 pint pudding basin, cover securely and steam for 3 hours. It's probably best served with a heated golden syrup topping and a generous pouring of custard. Philistines may wish to try vanilla ice-cream.

This is the original and best ... enjoy
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:07 pm
You have to have custard with steamed puds!!!!!!!! It's the only way![:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

tori

Post by tori » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:57 pm
[:p]That sounds deeelicious!![:D]You can't beat a good old fashioned pudding...And thanx for the tip Ray[:)]3 of my nieces are barbie mad,so we will definitely be having a trip there[:D]xx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Alexander777

Post by Alexander777 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 am
worked well. great job. Delicious sounds at all.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:30 am
Like the fact our old recipes are still being tried and tested 10 years on ....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Alexander1

Post by Alexander1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:53 am
Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pmWizzzard wrote:
Good afternoon all ... just back fropm Toys 'R Us and if Tori is reading this, our store had great deals on Barbie stuff. anyhoo ... here is a fave recipe of mine ... my Nan used to make it every year and I still do it for Boxing Day

Figgy Pudding

Ingredients

4 oz plain flour
A pinch of salt
4 oz breadcrumbs
4 oz shredded suet
1 tsp. mixed spice
1 tsp. baking powder
3 oz dark soft brown sugar
8 oz chopped dried figs
Finely grated rind and juice of one lemon
2 tbs milk
2 beaten eggs

Method

Sift the salt and flour together, then mix with all the remaining dry ingredients. Add the figs, lemon rind and juice, milk and beaten eggs, and beat them well. The mixture should have a soft, dropping consistency. Put into a greased 2 pint pudding basin, cover securely and steam for 3 hours. It's probably best served with a heated golden syrup topping and a generous pouring of custard. Philistines may wish to try vanilla ice-cream.

This is the original and best ... enjoy
thanks for sharing the Recipe it's looking delicious

keni3861

Post by keni3861 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:39 am
Christmas Recipe
Sure, you can open a package and set out a bowl of nuts. But the holidays are all about making things special—and if you can do that without a lot of effort, even better! These addictively snackable pecans take just 20 minutes and will make your holiday appetizer spread extra festive. Toss pecan halves with a mixture of melted butter, sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Stir in chopped fresh rosemary and serve warm or at room temperature. They’re sweet, spicy, and savory all at once, and we guarantee that once your guests start digging in, they won’t be able to stop. *Live link removed*

Edwards321

Post by Edwards321 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Wow Sounds Yummy Thank You So Much for this awesome sharing! Excited to try this
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “family forum”