Christmas toys-anyone with kids

36 posts Page 3 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm
Capon (from local butcher) on Christmas Day and usually pork (also from local butcher) on Boxing Day and that's it. Don't even spend much on snack foods anymore as they don't get eaten.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:21 pm
I've bought my godchildren some personalised cutlery (£2.49 a set in a sale!) so they'll get that as well as money.

For food we're probably going to get a piece of beef or pork (I'm not keen on turkey) and we'll have a sponge pudding for dessert as I don't like Christmas pudding or mince pies. There's no way I'm going overboard on food as most of the time it's a waste of food and money!

We don't buy much in the way of snack food, maybe a couple of tubes of Pringles and some dips for us in the evening but that's it.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm
I will buy beef and a turkey crown from a local butcher it's almost tradition now! I do tend to feed too many and make the table look special etc., go way overboard but then that's me!

I just bought some cutlery for the twins from ebay and wish I'd have thought of having some personalised ones as that's a great idea Skippy. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 pm
I don't go overboard as I'm not really interested in it! I know that sounds awful but I don't enjoy Christmas Day and can't wait until it's over and it's just Dave and I again!

Alys78

Post by Alys78 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 pm
I know it's not the same. But we have asked people (adults) to wait until the new year for a better pressie in the sales. Cheaper, after pay day and you get a lot more for your money. Even explained to the kids that they might not get much at Christmas but I will take them in the sales and get them 4 selection boxes for the price of what I would pay for one before Christmas. My seven year old was so excited!!

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 am
We bought all our cards, wrapping paper etc after Christmas in The Card Factory Sale, we do it every year, but that is as far as we have got this year, although I have £30 of survey vouchers ready to claim already so that will help.
Each year whatever we have over from the previous year we will not buy the following year so we are getting to a point where we don't buy a lot now food wise. Just the Christmas day dinner we do like our Turkey,[^][^][^] I buy individual Christmas puds as I am the only one who likes them, so 1 for me for Christmas and 1 for Boxing day. Hubby will have a bit of Trifle that is the only sweet thing he has at Christmas, must have good selection of cheese in though. He loves that.[:D]
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine
36 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “family forum”