claiming Charges prior to Bankruptcy

3 posts Page 1 of 1

razamataz_

Post by razamataz_ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:41 pm
Here I am again. After reading others posts about claiming monies back from Charges and Penalties, i wondered, is it wise to try to claim back these prior to potential Bankruptcy and what would be the best way of going about it?
[8~2] razamataz_

DebtDummy

Post by DebtDummy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:32 pm
Razamataz, my hubby and I figure and maybe wrongly that if the IVA gets accepted we will then approach the creditors for 6 years of back charges and fees. Our logic is (again maybe wrongly)we do not want to get them mad beforehand.

All I have left is my humour. :)
All I have left is my humour. :)

View my blog http://www.debtdummybankruwoman.blogs.iva.co.uk.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:16 am
Hello

Although this is all fairly new territory as the refunding of bank charges have only recently come to forefront, if you enter an IVA and then claim your bank charges back I would expect that either (i) you will have to put all monies towards your IVA i.e. hand the monies back to your creditors or (ii) you will be declined on the premise that in your IVA you are unlikely to be paying all the money you owe back to your creditors and thus they will simply deduct the bank charges refund from the money you owe them.

Similarly in Bankruptcy I would doubt that you would be offered a refund if you had already gone bankrupt as the banks would say that they had simply deducted the money from the amount you owed. If you were to claim your bank charges back with the intention of paying all the money back to your creditors and then after you received the refund you decided that bankruptcy was the correct solution for you then I would say that that would be reasonable.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”