Cleaning my credit help needed

4 posts Page 1 of 1

andym

Post by andym » Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 pm
Some background, I had some troubles in the past so entered an IVA to help myself. Later I was able to end this early and so completed it successfully. Last year was the 6 years post IVA so the time when my credit reference should be clear so I can start again, or so I thought…

I checked my credit reference through creditexpert last year and noticed that some of the debts had incorrect default dates putting, at worst, the defaults a few years after I entered into the IVA as recent as 2007 (which appears to coincide with when the particular company sold the 2 debts to a debt company). Other companies was incorrect but by a period of months

Once the 6 year mark had passed my IVA disappeared off the credit report as did other defaults except the incorrect ones. I took advice and wrote to the companies asking them to correct the details (registered post and such). Not a response.

So next step was to speak to the ICO. I sent the complaint to them in October last year and expected maybe a couple of months. Instead in March this year I found out they had finally looked at the case and wanted more information which I sent (I did make calls now and again and it was always a case of that I would be dealt with soon and in the mean time all but the 2007 defaults have dropped off anyway). Now in May and I spoke to the ICO to discover that they may not even look at this for yet another 6 months. I have emailed them after their advice asking for them to look at it with some urgency but I am not hopeful.

So sorry for the long post but basically I don’t know what to do. The company won’t correct the information, ICO is taking far too long and rather than being able to try and move on with my life I am looking at being bad credit for a year over when I should be if not even longer, if the ICO don’t go faster I may be stuck until 2013 when it drops off normally.

I made mistakes and I accept that, and lived for the 6 years of no credit. I didn’t expect to be in this state for even longer.

Is there any way to speed up the ICO, to get a correction put another way on my record? Or just something to fix all this.

Thanks!
Andy

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 19, 2010 7:04 am
Hi Andy, I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this but will keep it bumped up for other opinions/advice. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

RHB

Post by RHB » Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 am
Is there something you particularly want credit for? It may be that if you explain the situation you could still obtain it even of the computer says no.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am
I know this wont help you, but it is always best to clear your credit record - incorrect default dates as soon as you get your completion certificate because of the timeframe which the ICO is working towards.

6 months is excessive, but it does take time unfortunatly.

He must be swamped with similar requests I imagine, why he cannot slap a big fine on those creditors I have no idea.

The other route you may like to take is to look at the Banking Ombudsmen, no guarantees mind you.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “credit”