Clearing my Credit Report

4 posts Page 1 of 1

TheSnarf

Post by TheSnarf » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 pm
Afternoon all,

I finished my IVA last summer (felt so good) and I have the certificate of completion. I have kept an eye on my credit report and yes, some items on there have dropped off... but some remain. I've gone down the Vanquis Credit Card route and have been a model customer for the last 6 months, but there is a CCJ on there that does not say satisfied (and 1 that does say satisfied) and an old store card managed by MAX RECOVERY that does not say satisfied.

So how do I get those changed to say satisfied?
Can I get the CCJs taken off (they are dated 27/02/2004 and 01/03/2004)?
Can I get the two satisfied accounts with MAX RECOVERY removed (defaulted on 16/03/2004 and 24/05/2004)?
Can I get the satisfied account with CAPITAl ONE removed (defaulted on 21/04/2004)?

Any tips and hints will be very much appreciated!
60 months was a long time, but well worth the wait.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm
Hi Snarf. Everything remains on your credit file for six years so you only have a few months before these defaults and CCJs fall off. There is nothing really to do but wait.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

TheSnarf

Post by TheSnarf » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 pm
It was more that there was a CCJ and an account both marked as not satisfied when they clearly are. Should I worry about getting these changed to satisfied or just leave them and they'll fall off the edge next month anyway?
60 months was a long time, but well worth the wait.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:25 pm
Hardly worth the hassle. If they mess around with the credit file they might do something that leaves the info on there!!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “credit”