clearing up my credit files

4 posts Page 1 of 1

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:08 am
hello been a while since I last posted, just to advice some of you after completing your IVA....

its been a drama but a educational experience,
where to start
ok all the information on all three credit files were the same, now here comes the problem, because they all act individually, that's where the problem comes in, why the hell did they add in call credit.
Experian and equifax are easier to deal with.
well I had 10 creditors to deal with and still need some adjusting, yes you can write letters but i find it very long winded, and most of them act over the telephone, but you must wait at least a month for any updates.
ok my problems.....some creditors will adjust your files no problem but just only one credit file instead of three which I cannot understand fully, is it pure laziness or incompetence, if I missed a payment would be a different story don't you think..lol
so you have to chase them up, even when they have the certificate of completion, make plenty copies.
sometimes they mark the account settled or partial settled and forget to move the date back of the default to the beginning of the IVA,PAIN, I am still going over stuff but getting there slowly
I have one default by first national tricity bank which has been taken over by santander, and they cannot find the records of this..crazy...its giving me problems.

oh yeah i finished my IVA in may 2012 still cleaning up my credit files, if anybody has any good tips please pass it on to me and others...
Equifax is nearly finished, only one to go which s the first national tricity bank. by 29/1/2013 everything should drop off,
call credit has 5 adjustments to make
and experian has 4 to make ...sending off another letter today, will keep you guys updated, its a long one....the first national tricity is showing on all three files, in my letters i have to remind them to consult all three CRA's

oh yeah max recovery has taken over a debt with mbna and shows up on on experian and equifax which will be adjusted in next 7 days, had the email this week.
but on callcredit its showing up as mbna debt and not max recovery...see just crazy extra work...Please check your files for mistakes....creditors don't care about your credit file, you MUST.
hope most of you will not get headaches like me and it will run smoothly...but at least its taught me I wont be here again,
good news is I have a lot more money in my pocket I am saving £800 a month...I know most people cannot do that in this current climate but with that said, renting a car or booking a hotel is a pain
but i am still grateful trust me
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 am
I notice you say it's easier on the phone. It may be quick, and indeed dealing with Max Recovery on the phone was a pleasure after initially sending them one of my letters.

Max know what they are doing, and their obligations under the DPA or at least the person I spoke to there did.

Speaking on the phone to someone from customer services for a specific creditor is going to be a lottery of who you get. Some know their stuff, others do not.

As you can also see, somethings get missed on phone calls, like updating all 3 CRA's. Putting down exactly in a letter what you want clarifies what you expect of them in writing.

You also have proof, if your letter is sent recorded delivery to the Data Controllers address, should the issue need to be escalated to the Information Commissioner or Financial Ombudsman Service that you have tried to resolve the issue with the creditor first.

Also it's rather difficult to prove a telephone conversation took place, though if you're going to use a phone you should log the date, time, who you spoke to and what was agreed.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm
very good posts tonyranks & thematrix

I have a question, im awaiting my completion certificate from DFD ( yawn yawn i know ) and my IVA was approved in July 6 yrs ago. All credit history has dropped off my credit file now with the exception of 3 Nat West items, where they had the default date as being September.

As everything else has dropped off, im expecting these Nat West ones will do also. Its very unlikely in my humble opinion that I will see a Completion certificate from DFD before November

With this in mind, is there any point at this stage getting Nasty West to correct the default dates to the date my IVA was approved by the court ?

looks like we are all bored on this gloriously wet bank hol weekend !!
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 pm
As you have to allow 28 days for them to update your credit file there now seems little point in writing to NatWest now, let time sort the default out, it will go next month anyway and the IVA on your credit file will still stop anything dead anyway.

Keep onto DFD hopefully the CC wont be long and you can then arrange to get that removed from your credit files too.

Lovely weather, Not!
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”