Clothing Allowance

103 posts Page 1 of 7

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am
Hi

Does anybody know what the CCCS clothing allowance is for a family of Four is ?

Just looking at areas I may be able to look at if I need to increase my payment at my creditors meeting!

Thanks

Squidward
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am
Assuming that you are two adults and two children, the minimum allowance is £40 and the maximum is £73 - but at the end of the day it should be based upon your family's actual needs rather than guidelines - as you may spend more or less.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 am
£73 I have down £110 per month !!![:0]

I need suits for work and generally buy M&S suits one maybe two per year and a couple of pair of shoes, I'm heavy on them! these are for client meetings, when my roll changes to installation I'm using old Jeans and T's as this part involves anything from laying flooring to painting etc.

Both Kids attend the same school where sweat and polo shirts have the school logo along with sports Kit and only available from one supplier. Have you seen the price of Kids Shoes £65.00 for a pair of Hush Puppies and then trainers and foot ball boots

My OH has a uniform provided but has to provide trousers and footwear.

Then we have the general Jeans T's etc for everyday life!

Sorry to rant

Squidward
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

sus65

Post by sus65 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:36 am
I understand about the school uniform costs Squidward.

My son has to have a blazer and jumper with the school emblam (£80 for the two). Another £85 for the school sports kit then additional for shoes, trainers and football boots.

At almost 13 he is forever growing out of things at the moment. I say thank heavens for George at Asda for the white shirts, black trousers and other basic stuff.

Sus
Susan

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 pm
If your IP has justified correctly the need for a higher allowance it may be that creditors will accept this explanation - however do prepare yourself for this to be reduced.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 pm
we tend to shop at asda for all the uniform and shoes as they are cheaper and whilst they may not last forever, they do tend to last the growth time. Never ever would I spend £60 on a pair of shoes, but then I don't spend more and a tenner on my own LOL.

What about shopping for the shoes on ebay and is there a facility at school to sell on secondhand logo'd clothes. I think its daft when schools expect you to have logos and then don't help out the people that can't pay the full price. No thought at all

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 pm
I must admit that as far as shoe shopping for kids goes, we always used to get daughters feet measured and then normally get Clarks shoes for her. She never had expensive trainers though.

You could your childs shoes from somewhere like Brantano and they do have a measuring service. The shoes are cheaper than the normal shops.

I get a lot of my shoes from Ebay - not had a bad pair yet!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm
yeah we used to get them measureed and then go elsewhere, last time though I think they got it wrong cos she still in the same size now a year on, when we tried the size at the time they were too big. She's never been bothered about where her clothes and shoes come from which is good, am hoping it stays like that so that when she is older she isn't bothered about named stuff, esp up to 14 while we still in the IVA

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:39 pm
It was great when daughter was small - we have relatives in Somerset and my parents used to go to and stay with them. We would give them the shoe measurements and they would go to the Clarks Village at Street and bring back a couple of pairs of shoes and they were so cheap!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 pm
We have brought shoes from Ebay in the past and we shop around for shoes - My youngest daughter who is 12 stands at 5'10 and takes a 7 wears them out in weeks!

I have identified a area I can reduce a little if necessary but it's not a lot!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow [:)]
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 pm
blimey SQ I bet she a lovely leggy girl too, they do grow quick eh? Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow. be sure to let us know as soon as you can x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 am
I'm sure you'll be fine.
Bob Marley.

darth-skint

Post by darth-skint » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 am
Claim for:

Mortgage/Rent
Council Tax
Water
Telephone
Mobile Phones
Gas
Electric
House ins
Pension
Housekeeping
Loan
HP loan
Maintenance
Parking
School Meals
Children’s Activities
Tuition fees
TV Licence
Sky/Internet
Clothing
Health Care
Vehicle Tax/MOT
Vehicle Insurance
Vehicle Maintenance
Travel/Petrol
Life Assurance
Pets/Insurance
Meals at work
Tobacco
Union fee
Holidays
Dry cleaning
Auto rescue
Hairdressers
Entertainment
F&F accepted Feb 2011

Live in the moment.
Living in the future in your head means you live on fantasy and fear!

darth-skint

Post by darth-skint » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 am
Don't buy crap! Buy cheap buy twice plus buying raggy uniform for your kids can effect them psychologically.
Buy normally. Assa can be ok for bits but not the main.
You'll get people on here sending you to Oxfam. Ignore them and buy normally. Go to M&S n such.
Remember the situation you're in is as much the Banks fault as ours. Don't be a victim!
F&F accepted Feb 2011

Live in the moment.
Living in the future in your head means you live on fantasy and fear!

mjones1

Post by mjones1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 am
I am in an IVA and do not blame the banks at all. You can't just say its 50% our fault and 50% the banks and in some cases there is no fault at all, rather just the hand that life deals with. And I certainly do not feel a victim and why should I? But I do accept that I have to live within my means and if that means shopping at asda rather than M & S then so be it.

Any as for buying "raggy" uniform affecting children psychologically, I would think that I have taught my children the value of being honest, kind, loving and to value friendship. My kids where uniform asda and not only do they not get any comments whatsoever, they are mature enough to ignore any comments that may come there way.
103 posts Page 1 of 7
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”