Clothing Allowance

103 posts Page 5 of 7

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:14 am
On a nice day while working from home I can grab a sandwich and take our dog for a quick run in the field opposite gets you away from it! Otherwise it's a sandwich in the car or at me desk - by lunch time I need a break!
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am
I have on occasion parked in the shops car park. So long as away from the office or desk it doesnt matter where we go I suppose.

Been in asda again this morning, had another look at their clothes. Theres loads at the moment for £6 and £7 was quite impressed. I needed some long sleeve t shirts for work as short sleeve are fine but if I have to do playground duty it gets cold even with big winter coat on. I got two of the £6 tops and they are long too so cover the lumps and bumps with a frill round the neckline. Worth a look if anyone needing new tops.

Thats it now though, the clothing allowance for next two months has been spent and we all have new thigns that will now last us in to next year. Providing I don't spill grease/fat on my tops again. Am so fed up of doing it. Because I do all the cooking, I forget to put apron on, and I end up with grease stains on the front of all my tops and its a devil to get it out. Always in plain view on the tummy area. grrrr.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 pm
Bargain with the clothes Karin! I shall have to have a look as well.

Hubby does our cooking and is always getting tomato sauce on him and it takes several very hot washes plus some Vanish to get rid of them!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:33 pm
I get worried about hot washes, I just have this thing that I will ruin everything, plus its the cost of the washer on that long in elec. I do most things on a quick wash. I bought a stain devil the other day so hopefully that will help and work. LOL.

greedfighter

Post by greedfighter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 pm
I have the same problem, grease spots on my tops, nothing to do with insolvency but yesterday someone suggested I put some fairy liquid on them before washing and they all came out first wash, even the long standing ones.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 pm
I try to remember to put washing liquid on them, but as I tend to dilute mine making one bottle in to two I don't think its strong enough. I keep meaning to buy a bottle especially for clothes....in fact gonna go write it on the shopping list straight away. Thanks for the reminder.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 pm
I try to remember to put washing liquid on them, but as I tend to dilute mine making one bottle in to two I don't think its strong enough. I keep meaning to buy a bottle especially for clothes....in fact gonna go write it on the shopping list straight away. Thanks for the reminder.

antm

Post by antm » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:31 pm
You guys talking about your lunch breaks on a clothes thread, tut tut!! lol

I suppose some of the benefits working in a new build Tesco is we have a nice canteen, 40" LCD TV with sky, food is ok ish, although i take sandwich box. One side of the canteen has massive window frontage which over looks the car park and football pitches, in the evenings and on weekends always a game or 2 on the go.

Was fun when we had the snow watching people trying to park, was very comical!

Back to topic, clothes shopping is something i havn't done in 4 years, i did get a new jumper with my Blog voucher, but other than that very little else, i don't even think i have an allowance might have to check.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 pm
I just buy stuff occasionally but I have had a nice pair of suede boots from Ebay and I was gutted about the suit I got from there - said it was a size8 but it is waaayyy too big! It was lovely as well!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 pm
Ant and working in a tesco with all those lovely clothes......I would be forever walking the aisles. i'm actually not a clothes freak, I very very rarely buy anything simply because nothing ever seems to fit properly. Being the size I am means that things don't always look good and a lot of the cheaper trousers aren't in my size. I get quite disallusioned with myself.

So my purchases the last two weeks have been exceptional. Prob won't buy anything else now for weeks. Though i do need new boots.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 pm
I love clothes from Ebay - used to get a lot of good Evans and Ann Harvey stuff from there at cheap prices.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 pm
I had to argue for our clothes allowance in an IVA as it was unrealistic. Both of us have to wear suits and sorry buying cheap ones are false economy in my opinion.

I have bought casual clothes from Sains and have found peacocks ok too. Luckily we have a designer outlet village close and there are some bargains to be had there. I usually rely on daughters to find the deals as I'm useless at shopping.

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 am
I Had to justify why I had put £110pm in my I.E at the creditors meeting this was one of the items we had to amend down to 93.00 for a family of four this has to cover work suits and school uniforms etc.

Can get some good deals at these outlet shopping centres

Squid
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 am
I still find that they can be expensive though. having said that my parents live near xscape/glasshoughten outlet and I found a lovely top in the M&S outlet, one that suited me perfectly and meant I could spend my birthday voucher from the year before LOL.

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 am
A fellow northerner I see!
Squidward

Searching for Satellites
103 posts Page 5 of 7
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”