Clothing Allowance

103 posts Page 7 of 7

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 pm
Foggy wrote:

"last year a knitted monsoon dress for £6. can't go wrong!" .... I beg to differ ...... bet it's not my colour !!!!

FYI I am shaven headed (OK .. bald), bearded, my stomach is wider than my chest and I make a silver back gorilla look naked !!!!

So ,,,, can you go wrong with a knitted monsoon dress for £6.... I can !!!!

No guess it would have to be a floaty dress then with puffed out shoulders eh Foggy???

Oh that did make me laugh.

Ah thanks for that jan, great stuff. Just got to rem who all the different people are with the IDs then.

Julie I agree re TKMaxx, I keep going and looking every now and then because they do occasionally have my size, but its such hard work looking on the jumbled racks.

Not heard of them Jan, I'll have to stick to Asda for now eh.

Helen you always managed to get good bargains. I can't rely on clothes fitting if I buy from ebay. Need some boots thou may have to have alook. My flat ones that are the only ones I can wear at the moment are very scruffy looking, and one of the soles is coming off a bit

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 pm
They do have a website, but it isn't always as cheap as Asda. I like their sale rail!

I've just got a pair of suede boots from Ebay for £30.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 pm
i was looking at boots last night on ebay, I really need flattish ones and thepictures don't help. I know I could email questions.

Also I can't quite make up my mind if I should look for size 7 or 7.5 cos my feet have either changed or the sizing has.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 am
The ones I got are flat, I don't do heels anymore! Perhaps you should try some boots on in an ordinary shop to find out exactly which size to get?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 am
I really love flat shoes now, I go for comfort rather than style! Thankfully flatties seem to be in fashion at the moment.

Remember those shoes I had for FF last year? I've never worn them since as I had to make sure I had somebody to hold onto while wearing them and i just felt so uncomfortable!
Bob Marley.

Squidward

Post by Squidward » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:36 pm
Mrs Squidy - found a lovely dress at Tesco for my daughter’s school prom, going to make a few alterations and add some fancy bits to glam it up and should be good to go!
Get Tesco points as well - we save them up for Christmas!

Squidy
Squidward

Searching for Satellites

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 pm
I like heels for special occasions but being so tall have to really be careful or I tower above everyone else!

Sounds like a great dress squidy! Hope daughter enjoys her prom, my daughter loved hers x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:51 pm
My daughter loved hers as well - we still have the dress!

Hope she has a good time Squidward.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:04 pm
We still have the dress and think she will alter it to knee length if she ever gets a suitable funciton to go to.

The ball my one and only ever invite to one has been cancelled by the College due to lack of interest, only 3 tables sold, so I really am Cinderella!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:42 pm
That's not good Lesley Let's hope another function comes along.
Bob Marley.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 pm
Aww lesley thats not fair.

Helen, yes please to boots, sound lovely. If my calves will take them LOL.

nearlytherenora

Post by nearlytherenora » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm
first post!! well i have to say i feel slightly cheated as ive only ever put down £40 a month for clothes for family of four with a husband who,s a company director and has to wear suits!! i shop on ebay, tesco, primark anywhere thats cheap but smart! we,ve 5 months to go + any extra months due to not being able to get mortgage for equity but i have to say even when its over i'll still be looking for bargains!!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum, you should always put what you actually spend, I do realise that we all have to be thrifty within an IVA, it might be worth having a look at your expenditure when you revisit your I&E.
103 posts Page 7 of 7
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”