Co-op Bank

60 posts Page 3 of 4

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:41 pm
Yes - perhaps they edited their post - you can do that - but sometimes it breaks the flow of communication - and can seem strange.

Sorry for informing you about something you know :-)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm
This is an old thread that was resurrected by robolots and there may not have been a problem with your reply.

Don't worry that you have done something untowards, you haven't.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm
That's fine Ginger! I'd have forgotten by tomorrow being blonde and middle aged!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

morgan105

Post by morgan105 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:40 pm
Thanks for clearing that up Kazzafunk and Skippy, saves me from having to take the train to deposit funds if they have to go out in a hurry.
Last edited by morgan105 on Thu May 19, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
IVA completed 29th July 2011.

robolots

Post by robolots » Fri May 20, 2011 7:15 pm
Although I didn't go into a branch (not one local)I spent around 45 minutes on the phone! I then carefully supplied everything except the completion certificate as I was waiting for it.
The law is an ass!! Co op are asses!!
I have completed my IVA and I am going to fight to get it off my credit file-it is over-end of!!-worst thing I ever done and still being punished for it.
Although slightly off topic, I still can't see why I cant have a basic business account!!![:(!]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 pm
Unfortunately I doubt if you will be able to get a business account at the moment.

I think you're pretty much on your own with the Co-op, the vast majority of posters have had no problems at all with them.

Your IVA will not come off your record until six years from the date of acceptance.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Judo

Post by Judo » Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm
robolots.
I can understand your frustration. You just want to be able to move on...
Unfortunately though, the IVA will stay on your file for the 6 years and this will pose a problem with you trying to get a business account.
If you have your completion certificate then send a copy of it to Co-op and see where you go from there, but I think that without it,coupled with your credit file I do think you will struggle. Not just with Co-op but with any bank :(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 pm
Quite agree Judo.

Regardless of whether we think this is right or wrong, that's the way the cookie crumbles a the moment.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 pm
I can understand your frustration, but it's not just the Co-op who won't open a business account for people in an IVA. It might be worth trying Barclays as a poster on the BR forum managed to open a business account with them.

You say that the IVA is the worst thing you ever did - you really need to think about where you would be now without the IVA. For the majority of people not going into an IVA means they would still be struggling with debts.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:38 pm
Quite agree with Skippy!
Bob Marley.

bustedbert

Post by bustedbert » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 pm
being in debt and able to open a business account is worthless.being debt free and unable to open a business account for a few months is priceless. think about it thats why you did an iva.

Frank.ff

Post by Frank.ff » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 am
I thought this thread was the right place to ask this question. Sorry if it isn't.

I'm just about to apply for a Co-Op Cashminder account.

It says there is online banking and you can have direct debit and standing order with the account. My question is simple but I cannot find the answer. Can you set up, edit and cancel your direct debits using online banking?

I understand they are a quite slow-to-update bank but are there any other issues with them?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:50 am
Hi. You can cancel DD's online, but, generally the recipient actually sets them up by passing on the DD form they get you to complete. You can set up and amand standing orders, funds transfers and bill payments, basically like any other online banking service.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:27 pm
The only thing with them is that they do operate a 'three strikes and you're out' policy.

If you accidentally go overdrawn (bear in mind the cashminder has no OD facility anyway) three times, they can, and usually do, close the account.

Not saying that you would but it is worth bearing in mind.
Not
Bob Marley.

bpad

Post by bpad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 pm
I too went over to the CO-OP Bank when I had to change banks owing to my IVA. They where brilliant.I was also able to have a small savings accout with them~ any monies I had left over at the end of the month no matter how small went in.~ No pushing of fee accounts.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Co-op have always been highly recommended on here.

Glad you got sorted.
60 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”