Co-op Bank

60 posts Page 4 of 4

Johndylan

Post by Johndylan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm
So far no problems, in the process of going for IVA. All direct debits set up, no overdraft(don't want one ever again), but have the cheque book, hand for the boys school dinners and trips. Website is a bit naff though

SamuelMond

Post by SamuelMond » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:11 pm
The coop cashminder account comes highly recommended on this forum and also by many people involved in the debt resolution area.

They do operate a 3 strikes and your out policy but sometimes this may not be your fault, and if you speak to them, they do sometimes take this on board.

regarding Direct Debits im not sure if they can be cancelled by logging in online but as soon as you do, the company who is the recipient does get notified and sometimes there may be a penalty (I found out the hard way once!)

Nevertheless you get a bank account with all the services you would need. Ensure you manage it well and im sure it will tick the boxes
Managing Director of ClearCash Limited, a general purpose and reloadable prepaid MasterCard facility. Campaigner for the unbanked sector believing that no one should be financially excluded. "Intelligent Money Management"

www.clearcash.co.uk

Check out our BRAND NEW video animation on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R7pCHdWgFo

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm
I was with the Co-op when I was BR and if you are careful it's a brilliant bank account and their customer service is the best I've ever had from a bank.

I'm actually thinking of going back to using the account rather than my Nationwide one - I'm fed up with queuing in the Nationwide and I'd rather be able to go in the Post Office!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm
I'd rather queue in Nationwide than the Post office!!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm
Lots of posters have Co-op account and run it very well. I'm more than happy with the Natwest for now but if they won't upgrade me post IVA I will be shopping around. that's a sure fact.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Niobe, my local Nationwide is a geriatric's day out even on a Saturday! I queued for half an hour last time and the cashier didn't even have the decency to apologise for the wait!

The Post Office is a 2 minute walk for me and I can post cheques to the Co-op so I don't actually need to go in there!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:22 pm
You've not been to my Post Office where the queue can sometimes stretch back to the door (quite a distance!!)

I actually have two branches of Nationwide I can go into. I do usually forget about the second one though!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 pm
Nationwide wasn't too bad until they closed a branch and all the pensioners migrated to the main branch!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 pm
Mine are just round the corner from each other.

UnionCityGirl

Post by UnionCityGirl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 am
I'm in the process of opening a Co-op account and I can't say I've been very impressed. I took my documents in by hand on 10th December and I've just rung head office who say they don't have sufficent details on the system to let me know how far the application has gone. I now have to go to the branch with my passport to ask them what's happening.

Compare this with the Ulster Bank where I opened an account online in 10 mins and received my cards within 4 days. Unfortunately they are linked with one of my creditors so I can't use them.
Last edited by UnionCityGirl on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 am
I opened my Co-Op Cashminder over the phone -- took a few minutes and got my card and details within a few days. Maybe the call centre is more on the ball than your branch !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 pm
Going off topic slightly I inadvertently left my debit card in Sainsbury Petrol station on Friday evening, realised Sunday went to collect they'd destroyed it! Company Policy apparently and I have written to them for confirmation of this as firstly how do I know that the card has been destroyed, I have no proof.

Went into Natwest on Monday morning and reported card destroyed and today received notification new pin and card despatched and should receive within 48 hours. Good service assuming it's received in my opinion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

UnionCityGirl

Post by UnionCityGirl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:15 pm
Foggy - head office rang the branch today and i'm not even sure my ID had been passed on by them after 8 days! Not impressed. Head office have assured me that if the docs are ok they will open my account by Friday so we will see.

dunkynuts

Post by dunkynuts » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 pm
Went into My Co-op Branch when I wanted to open a account was told to make a appointment for the following week and to bring all sorts of documentation,which I wasn't happy about due to the timescale to get my next months salary paid into the new account.Went home applied over the phone,account was opened straight away, was told if I rang in two days account number and sort code would be ready for salary purpose. Debit Card,PIN and Credit book received within a week.Sorry this doesn't help you who when into a branch to open a account, but if any one is think of going into a Branch, Do it over the phone!
Have no regrets,the future is ours!

Reliefman

Post by Reliefman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am
The Co-op Bank were great no intrusive questions!!
60 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”