co-op referral?

31 posts Page 2 of 3

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:55 pm
Kallis has a good point there!

I find it so much easier handling my IVA with two basic accounts, One for all bills & the other for like I said my housekeeping/spending petrol money.
I dont know what I would do with just one! I would be tempted to spend my bill money - when things got desperate. So if I run out of money I know my bill money is safe!
It works for me - Bill account / Housekeeping account!
My favourite account out of the two I have is the Yorkshire one - if you do pay for anything by card - Yorkshire deduct it straight away from your account balance. Though a couple of chops like Debenhams & Sports Direct take 2 days to take your money - so you do still have to watch it. Thats the only thing I found fault with the account - but its the shops not Yorkshire!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:11 pm
No worries & glad I can help!

As you are at the start of your IVA & nothing is actually happening to your credit file yet. (I did all this at the same time that U are at now).

When they ask about other accounts ie bank ones. Tell them you are not happy with there service & wishing to transfer to them. Our A&L bank closed in our home town & nearest one was 50 miles away - so Yorkshire could understand about that one. As they dont credit check you for this "basic account" - you do not have to tell them about your debts & say No you dont have any if they ask you. What I mean by not credit checking you for the account - they can not find out about your debts. Only if you try to apply for a account with an overdraft is when a bank will credit check you & Yorkshire Banks basic account does not hold a overdraft facility - therefore it does not require a credit check.
I hated lying & I am not very good at it & when asked about overdrafts I firmly said no & wanted a basic account to manage by income & bills. If they do get pushy - just tell them what I was forced to tell the other bank (lloyds) I am currently apply for an IVA & I am not allowed any credit during the agreement. I felt blooming awful - but as above they did not question it thanked my for being so honest & just made me aware of the charges should my account go into arrears - I said yes thank you & that was that, Account sorted!
Yorkshire where lovely - they will ask silly questions about mortgages & insurance - just say "thank you but I am happy with whom I am with but may be interested when it comes to my renewal" - just to shut them up!
Good luck - I have trouble with 2 monkeys never mind 3!!!!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

dand

Post by dand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm
i will do all of the above!

thanks hugely

Dan
F&F Accepted on 12th March 2015!
Completion Cert arrived 26th March 2015!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:25 pm
Your Very Welcome Dan

Let me know how you got on ;-)

Lyns x

dand

Post by dand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm
will do!

dand

Post by dand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:44 pm
Woohoo!

had calls from both Yorkshire bank and Co-op stating that both accounts have been set up!

Yorkshire bank have given my account numbers straight away, and i gotta wait another 5-7 days for the co-op numbers!

First of many Woohoo's i hope!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:52 pm
That's good news dand! Not one, but two accounts to choose from.

If you are going to keep both of them going, may I suggest that you use one of them to put any savings in that you might make (it does happen!) or if you work any overtime, you could use one to put the payments into, pay the extra across and then keep the other half as savings.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

dand

Post by dand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:56 pm
Thats the exact plan, But have just found out that the Yorkshire account comes with a savings account also!

So 3 accounts all in all!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:00 pm
You won't know what to do with them all![:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

dand

Post by dand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:12 pm
Well i certainly know what i WONT be doing with any of them!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm
I'm very pleased to hear it![:D]
Bob Marley.

dand

Post by dand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Well, have just finished (4 hours or so!) tranferring all my DD's etc to my new account, and i have to say that i am really excited about the future! I just hope that my IVA is successful.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:08 pm
well done Dan, hope everything gets sorted soon for you

Paul
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:08 pm
Hi dand

Sorry been a little busy & away from the forum for a while.
Congratulations on getting the two accounts! Yorkshire are a very good & its my fav bank account - my adivse would be have one for your incomings & out goings & use the other for your food, petrol, etc - so one account is for bills & the other is for monthly spending.

Glad you got sorted ;-)

Lyns x

dand

Post by dand » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 pm
Nice to hear from you again Mrs Knight!

That was the intention to divide the accounts that way.

More importantly, im looking forward to the IVA going ahead!
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”