co owing me changed name and continued business

3 posts Page 1 of 1

desmond.m

Post by desmond.m » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:57 pm
I have had a car bodyshop claim insolvency. They owe me £2.000 and say the have appointed accounts to prepare a creditors voluntary arrangement. They company has changed name and has now continued business. How can they do this and will I ever get my money
Last edited by desmond.m on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:21 pm
Hi desmond

I will answer your post to get to the top of the board again and sure an expert will answer your post as soon as they can.

Sorry, but I have no idea!
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:46 pm
Hi Desmond

I assume you mean Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL) as opposed to Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA). If the former this involves a cessation of trade and disposal of assets (which may be to the directors) whereas in a CVA the thing is normally kept together with a view to the company making contributions towards paying the creditors. The change of name suggests it's a CVL. If it is a CVL then they are drawing a line under things and starting again. They have probably entered into some preliminary agreement with the proposed liquidator to maintain continuity pending holding a creditors meeting. Nothing intrinsically wrong with that but ultimately they must pay the proper price for what they acquire.

I have a 4 page pdf setting out the basic principles of a CVL. Admin might not want me to duplicate it here so send me an e-mail (you can get my address from the Find an IP section at www.insolvency.gov.uk )and I'll be pleased to send you a copy. It's a little out of date but should be a decent intro for you.

Let me know

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”