Cold Callers!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

kal

Post by kal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:50 pm
Hi,
I just had a call from a Financial Company offering me a loan - when I politely told him that I was not interested, he put the phone down on me!!!
This winds me up SO much, but normally on a 1471, the no comes up unknown, but this time when I did it, it gave me the no.
So I rang it back and gave them a piece of my mind - I told him that I had been polite and I could have put the phone down etc - and that I found them very rude for doing such a thing to me!!!
He told me he would have a word....and I doubt he will as that is the usual format of one of these type of phonecalls, but it made me feel so much better to have said my piece!
Now all I need to do is find a way to deal with people who don't say thank you when I let them pass in the car!!!!
k.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm
Hey Kal, good for you calling them back....too right! It's so rude. Don't get me started on drivers who don't say thank you. I just shout "your welcome" at them (not that they can hear!)[:I] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:04 pm
Well done for phoning back Kal!

If you find a way of dealing with the other drivers please let me know - it drives me mad when people don't say thank you!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:05 pm
You're more polite than me Viki - I'm normally very polite, but get me behind the wheel of a car and I grow horns and a tail!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:09 pm
[:D][:D][:D] You sound like my hubby! Nightmare![}:)] X

kal

Post by kal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 pm
When people don't thank me when I let them go, I always have this urge to reverse back and chase them up the road!!!!
It reminds me of a while ago when I got hit from behind by this other car, who then promptly drove off - so in a moment of madness I hot footed it in my car after them (I had no idea of what I would have done had they stopped!!!).
I chased them through a couple of streets, but they gave me the slip - not before I got their reg no though!!
k.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm
Wow Kal, you're so brave. There's no messing with you is there?! X

kal

Post by kal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:48 pm
What was so funny was that when I chased them up this street, their car stopped, so I got out of mine and asked the car in front if they had a pen - it was these 2 old dears who wouldn't wind down their window - I think they thought I was going to mug them!!!!
I wasn't brave...just a bit stupid really...like I said what would have happened if I had caught up with them!!
k.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:50 pm
True, but at least you got their reg, did anything ever come of it?

kal

Post by kal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm
Well they had no insurance or anything - but I had a seat belt injury that came out later and I claimed for that and got about 2 grand for my troubles - it took ages though, and I'm not sure it was worth all the hassle in the end.
Not sure I'd chase anyone again...LOL!!!
k

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:18 pm
Just read this thread, and I have to admit that I become most agressive once I get behind the wheel of a car - the air is usually blue if someone upsets me.

My daughter could never understand why I was like that (I didn't swear though if she was with me!), I told her 'just wait until you start to drive'. She's now worse than me!

I also hate it when people don't acknowledge you if you have let them in (or out, or whatever), a simple hand gesture (the whole hand, not just one or two digits!!!!!!) costs nothing.

I also loathe drivers who try and cut infront of me when I have been sat in queue of traffic for ages and they have just driven down the outside of everyone and expect me to let them in - no chance!!!! I get as close to the car infront as I can.

Annoy me on the road at your peril!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”