Coming out of the shadows.

35 posts Page 1 of 3

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:31 pm
Hi everyone, this is our first post and we would like to thank everyone for all the answers you have given us without us even asking! My wife and I have been tracking this site whilst getting everything ready for our proposal, it has provided us with a lot of answers to those questions you suddenly remember at 3 in the morning.
Please don't think we have been ignorant by just using the site for reference,our heads are spinning at the moment and it is the first real time we have had to register and post. Can we just say how uplifting it is to see the support given to people in our position by non judging like minded, same situation human beings.
We will fill you in with the full blog on our debt/creditors as soon as we sort all our paperwork out! We already have our meeting date on the 31st March so it has all been a bit of a whirlwind time for us, as I'm sure you all know. We look forward to posting regularly 'cos we always come off the site feeling a bit better about life in general. Chat soon, byeeeee.
IVA completed April 2013

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:44 pm
Hi Beans on Toast and welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you have found the forum useful and I don't think that you're ignorant at all for not posting sooner! I read for a while before I posted, but in the end it gets addictive!

Good luck for your creditors meeting, and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on.
Last edited by Skippy on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 pm
Hiya beans on toast and welcome to the forum. Nobody will think you're ignorant for taking your time in posting, it took me ages aswell and now I'm hooked!!! It does provide lots of answers, but I think more importantly it offers a shoulder to cry on and a friendly arm to prop you up when you need it. Good luck with the meeting on 31st and keep in touch,
It's nice to be back......

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:55 pm
Welcome Beansontoast (nice name) Skippys right about it being addictive. I switch on first thing in morning, in from work and again before bed.. I'm not hardened like these midnight posters, but this forum means so much to me as nobody knows about me and hubby except a work friend. Its a welcome release and the advise is second to none!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 pm
Hi
Welcome
I am glad that the forum has been able to help you and delighted that you see it as a non judging forum,this is exactly how I want it to be and the people that post on it.
Good luck on the 31st
Regards
Andam Davies

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Hi Beans on toast and welcome

The forum was a massive help to me also and still is and I think it will be for a long time to come.
Best of luck for the 31st, let us all know how you get on
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Hi BoT - I wish I'd known about this site BEFORE I took out my IVA. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have used Debtmatters, but more likely someone like Melanie or one of the other smaller IP's that give a personal service.

Good luck on the 31st - at least you are going in with your eyes open !
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 pm
Hi and welcome.

The forum has been a big help to many of us.
I used to just read at first before i got the courage to post. I would be up worrying at stupid o'clock in the morning about something that in the end was nothing.

If theres anything you need to know just ask and it wont take long for an answer.

Best of luck.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:04 pm
Hi there welcome from me too. I was reading for weeks beforeI posted. All the very best, keep us posted on how you are getting on and ask any questions.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:46 am
hi BOT, I've been a member since my pre-IVA days and like it has done for you it's helped me no end in my journey, there is a warning here though, it's addictive!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:23 am
Thanks everyone, it means a lot to us to know others are here to talk. Like most in this position, nobody else knows of our situation, fortunately, I have a wonderful wife who is totally supportive and at least we can run things past each other. We're off to a wedding today so the illusion of normality can continue for a short while. (Although we will be "table topping" and getting as much buffet in the wifes handbag as possible).
It's a bit overwhelming, but just nice to see people care and are interested in our situation.
We have been on the "hamster wheel" of credit for over 15yrs, and never missed a payment! But there comes a time you just have to say enough, we got ourselves into this, and we have to try and get our life back. We don't think what we've done is either big or clever, we do however want to at least pay something back to our creditors. We will post our full situation tomorrow after we have sobered up, thanks for being here, talk soon, happy Easter - remember - chocolate is a recognised food group!
IVA completed April 2013

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 am
Hope you and your wife has a great time at the wedding, enjoy yourselves, that's what life is for!
It's nice to be back......

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:55 am
Have a great time and i hope your wife is taking a large handbag !! :o)
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:05 am
Hope it's not just trifle for afters or things could get very messy.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:38 am
My handbag is HUGE so I could probably fit most of the buffett table in one go - just have to take out all my rubbish, make up, shoes!! etc that I keep in it[:D]

No trifle though OT[:D]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
35 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “postings for march”