Commission and IVA

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Dave81

Post by Dave81 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:13 am
I took out my IVA back in October 2008 based on my wage at the time. However this year I was offered a job with a very generous commission structure but with a lower basic wage. I am worried that my IVA company will ask for 50% of my commission each month. I cannot understand this as my commission makes up half of my wage, so it doesn't seem fair to pull half of this out of my wage packet each month. Since taking out the IVA my circumstances have changed a lot and my outgoings are around 25% more than they were at the time. I was also out of work for 2 months at the beginning of the year so obviously I am still putting myself back on track, i.e maintenance work on the car which I couldn't afford at the time, new clothes for work, etc. Would this be taken into account?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 am
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum, we may have some members who are commission based and may be best placed to advise. Your IP will be able to give you case specific information, have you completed a recent I&E to ensure your outgoings are a true reflection of what you're spending?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am
Welcome from me as well.

Agree with Lesley that you need to speak to your IP about this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for march”