company name deleted by request

79 posts Page 3 of 6

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm
I will keep a look out for any of my clients who may have been approached by this company, and if you want to e-mail me off-line Josie to discuss the company further please feel free.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Advertising not allowed.
Last edited by sweetie on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonbb

Post by jonbb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

I will keep a look out for any of my clients who may have been approached by this company, and if you want to e-mail me off-line Josie to discuss the company further please feel free.

jonbb

Post by jonbb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm
i had dealing with bankruptcy protection fund, and about to lose my house, but have a plan to take them to court for fruad. stay away from them !

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am
This needs looking into. Watch this space.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

laceby

Post by laceby » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:54 pm
Phiney wrote:

Hi All

I need some help. Although no one on here seems to have taken any "finance" from The Bankruptcy Proctection Fund you may be the lucky ones as i have been approached now by several who have, and who now face loosing their properties as a result.

I need any information at all in relation to this company even if only details of the mail shots they have sent you (incidently the Bankruptcy register is not supposed to be used for the soliciting of services which is a direct abuse of Public Information).

Should any of you have further informaiton or if you have entered any agreeements with this company please contact me directly

*no email addresses allowed in posts.*

Many thanks
I am having current problems with The Bankruptcy Protection Fund.
Firstly,I was approached by them saying that they could annul my bankruptcy.It was not fully explained how they would do this but it became clear after I had allowed them to convince me that I would be saving a lot of money if they handled this for me instead of letting the Official Receiver carry on with my case.

The way they operate is this:-
They pay off your Bankruptcy debt.In order for them to recoup their money,they arrange,through Consolidated Finance/Alpha Mortgages,a re-mortgage of your property.
In my case,they were not able to come up with re mortgage.Whilst they are trying,you are being charged interest by way of a bridging loan at an extortionate rate.This wasnt explained in the beginning.
To date,they have still not provided any finance and the interest goes on.Obviously,the longer they hold back,the more money they can squeeze out of you.They also slap a charge on your property and ultimately seek a posession order,which is what has happened to me.

I now have Trading Standards,Citizens Advice and a Solicitor who are investigating and I am told that I have a pretty good case against this company in as much as they misled me,did not provide the finance as promised in writing,cold called on me as a first contact and also should have conformed with the FSA rulings.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has also had dealings with this company.The more the better.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:12 pm
Hi,

I think you will find that all the posters on here who have been approached will have told them to get lost.

I'm sorry that you have had such difficult time with them.

I am sure David Mond will be interested in your post when he sees it later on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:36 pm
This sounds dreadful and indicates that people should be very wary of firms like this.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:05 pm
I will attempt to find out more about this Organisation and what they are doing
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

BPF_Ltd

Post by BPF_Ltd » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:49 pm
There are a number of inaccuracies in both of the customer postings above and a significant number of omissions, which, if included, would change the message completely.
Bankruptcy Protection Fund Ltd is the largest firm in the UK helping debtors out of bankruptcy through payment of debts in full, namely Annulment. More people choose this firm than anyone else and as a result we have successfully concluded hundreds and hundreds of bankruptcy annulments through the UK courts.
I am happy to answer any serious questions, be that from bankrupt individuals, those worried about their debts or from fellow professionals.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:10 pm
Hello and welcome. Do you work for the Bankruptcy Protection Fund, or have you used them?

Max

Post by Max » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm
I would like to know about this firm - my wife took a call sometime ago and it was them - how did they get our number - we are not in the book

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm
Are you with BT Elv5? I can't help thinking that even if you're ex directory they sell on details. I know they did it with their email customers as there was a disclaimer on the website for a while, and when we were with BT I used to get 20-50 spam emails a day. Now I've got a Hotmail account I hardly get any.

BPF_Ltd

Post by BPF_Ltd » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm
I work for BPF and I am happy to contribute this firm's expertise for those dealing with issues involving Bankruptcy.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm
Perhaps you could explain to the forum exactly how your business operates, what services you provide and the method in which you charge for those services.

For the further benefit of our members, could you explain how you effect the annulment for your client, and how this is brokered by using a charged asset - such as a property.
79 posts Page 3 of 6
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”