company name deleted by request

79 posts Page 5 of 6

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:57 pm
I don't agree with you David about the change of status. The only spokesman I know of on here is Andy. As far as the rest of us are concerned we climb through the ranks until we get to expert, if we are invited to become one.

Can I also say, that the vast majority of posters on here are either in a DMP, an IVA or thinking of doing them.

We have a few posters who are bankrupt, but they are very much in the minority. The ones who are BR, as far as I am aware, have petitioned for their own bankruptcy, so BPF is not really relevant and would possibly benefit more from visiting the sister site to this one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Fri May 08, 2009 9:16 pm
I was just going to say that, surely this is all more relevant to the bankruptcy site.
JB

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun May 10, 2009 11:55 am
I agree it is a Bankruptcy question but the original thread came up here.

The point I was making was to identify the poster from the BPF as just that no more no less not as an Expert.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 10, 2009 1:31 pm
I agree that the poster's name should be changed from 'administrator' as it doesn't look good if someone associated with such a company looks like they are linked to this forum.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm
It has been changed Skip - it's BPF_Ltd now.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 10, 2009 1:43 pm
Sorry, I missed that one!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:44 pm
[:D][:D]
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 pm
That's the problem when you don't read the posts properly!

BPF_Ltd

Post by BPF_Ltd » Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 am
Under my new User Name (BPF LTD), I acknowledge your points above. I will, of course, restrict my involvement to issues relating to Bankruptcy Protection Fund Ltd and those relating to Bankruptcy in general. I will also visit the sister site, so thanks for that tip.
The overlap which is of potential interest to posters (especially creditor petitioned bankrupts) is the consideration of whether to try and get out of BR and, if so, how and what are the effects of this and, crucially, the experience of others. My firm offers one of these solutions (Annulment via payment in full, which we can arrange for those who fit our criteria) and we have lots of experience in supporting debtors with the little used Fast Track Voluntary Arrangements (FTVA) - typically (but not always) used as a tool for annulling your bankruptcy where you cannot pay off all your debts - think DIY IVA.

SuperStu

Post by SuperStu » Thu May 21, 2009 1:20 pm
Just writing to say that i have had numerous dealings with the Bankruptcy Protection Fund over the past 12 months, i find them to be very helpful and professional. They have dedicated staff who are always courteous and respectful, and willing to go the extra mile when needed. I am also aware that the Bankruptcy Protection Fund have successfully helped alot of people out bankruptcy, these people i am sure are extremely gratefull for the help received given the current financial climate.

I can assure those of you out there that this company is a legitamate business and that they will help as much as they can regarding financial worries and problems.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 pm
Welcome to the forum SuperStu.

Have you used the BPF yourself?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:26 pm
I will repeat though what has been said earlier on this thread - surely more relevant to the Bankruptcy Forum and not this one. The bankrupts on here are very much in the minority.

I still don't agree with firms trawling the Insolvency Register and writing to people.
Bob Marley.

throttlestop

Post by throttlestop » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:58 pm
At whose request was the company name deleted ?
My client, for whom English is not her mother tongue, was widowed, depressed and therefore unemployed for a couple of years and left with several children to support. Her husband had no life assurance to pay off the mortgages. She now works for little more than the minimum wage. She was preyed upon by this company, which gave her the impression that it was an official fund for the protection of bankrupts from repossession (the company's name itself suggests governmental or charitable funding). It charged £5,000 for annulling her bankruptcy. It appointed a firm of solicitors to act for her, whose "customer care" terms include that it excluded advising her about the secured loan. It arranged a three-month loan, secured on her property, from a close, connected company (without making the connection clear to her) to pay off her bankruptcy debts, annulment fees and costs with an exit charge of £3,000 and an interest rate of 4% per month, despite the fact that it must have been obvious to the company from the start that she would not be able to obtain a remortgage on her income. The debt has more than doubled and now the company that sold itself on the basis that the fund had been set up to protect bankrupts from losing their home is claiming possession of her house.
Repeal the banana !

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is a very old thread and I can't see why it has been resurrected now.

Throttlestop if your client has a problem with an IP then he/she should start by complaining to that company. Are you a solicitor acting for this client?

Can you name this company?
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:31 pm
Having read the post, I suggest that she has very good grounds for a serious complaint to the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman. This sort of issue is just up the OFT's interest list at present.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
79 posts Page 5 of 6
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”