complaint about outstanding debt

40 posts Page 2 of 3

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:06 pm
Santander cannot continue to add interest and charges after the IVA has been approved. In addition they should not have paid any DDs after acceptance so they are at fault. I would push Santander and advise you will be going to the Ombudsman because you cannot be expected to take the blame for their mistakes.

It may not even be their mistakes so it would be interesting to see what they say.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:34 pm
thankyou michael yes i didnt think of that why was it authorised if they had knowledge of the iva

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:06 pm
something else ive jsut thought about-

my husbands wages had just gone in a few days before the iva was accepted were we meant to just lose all that because it went into the od?

how were we supposed to live?

isnt it still technically our money?
Last edited by gabbyevs on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 pm
No I don't think so - if it was paid into an overdrawn bank account than I'm afraid it's not really the Bank's problem...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:44 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by gabbyevs

something else ive jsut thought about-

my husbands wages had just gone in a few days before the iva was accepted were we meant to just lose all that because it went into the od?

how were we supposed to live?

isnt it still technically our money?
That one isn't so simple. What should have happened was that you opened a new account prior to the IVA being accepted and paid that salary into the new bank. Unfortunately it didn't, but that is water under the bridge now.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50 pm
ive just spokemto santander-something isnt adding up-they werent toldd untl feb2010 that an iva was in place and had no other communicaiton from them to ask for statments etc so they put a deafault on the account soon after that

they just assumed it wasnt to be included-and meanwhile i was never told of anything

they said theyv ebeen sending statments out every month ive received two in 5 years and both times were told by my iva not to worry about it

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm
what i still dont understand is how were we meant to live if all we had were my husbands wages in that account

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:54 pm
Santander are telling porkies ! They knew about the IVA and voted on it in December 2009. However, they made an incorrect assumption -- it is their error, not yours !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by gabbyevs

what i still dont understand is how were we meant to live if all we had were my husbands wages in that account
I am afraid the bank will not concern themselves with such matters ... we are mere grains of sand on a big beach !

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:59 pm
well im just being passed back and forth i owe them money and there doesnt seem to be alot i can do about it

what i mean about my money was surely the iva would allow for it as it was our only income

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm
If your husband's wages were taken out pre IVA there is no issue. Also if Santander did vote in the original IVA then send them a copy of the Chairman's Report asking them how they voted in a meeting that they did not know about!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:28 pm
yes thats the thing they werent we left them in there-obviously the wrong thing to do and carried on

over the five years all ive seen on the report is evidence required concerning santander and they obviously never looked into it

ive spoken to my relationship manager or one of them agan about this and the complaint is definitely in the system ive also asked them to add why my wages werent taken into account-but they'll prob say what you have done, that i should have taken them out

so im assuming the account should have been frozen on accepting the iva and i wouldnt have access to any of it

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:40 pm
sorry to babbl on

ive just found the chairmans notes and it doesnt even have santander as attending-i know they only need a majority to agree but this is prob why theyre stating now they didnt know till feb

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:02 pm
They would still have been given notice. If they chose not to vote that, again, is their problem, not yours.

gabbyevs

Post by gabbyevs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm
thanks foggy
40 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Complaints procedure”