Complaints Procedure

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Amiable

Post by Amiable » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:40 am
Hi, it's a couple of weeks off the 6 months deadline for Creditfix to send me the completion letter 6 months after I made the final payments. I've decided that I will complain if it is not received by that date. I have called them and asked them when would I will receive it, they basically state the same 6-month period it takes, and have given me that deadline every time I call. Is it right to complain if it has not been completed by 6 months after? And how should I do this if anyone can help?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 am
I would write a letter of complaint, addressed to the IP by name and sent by recorded delivery. State the issue and mention that, if you do not have a satisfactory response within 28 days, you will escalate the complaint via the government gateway: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Be aware, however, that they might have the right, under the agreed terms, to extend this admin period, on prior written notice .... so the response could be that written notice.

It is not the norm for CF to be so tardy on completions, there may be a genuine hold up not of their doing. Hopefully they can explain more fully, rather than keep fobbing you off with excuses (which is a CF habit!).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:23 am
This really surprises me with CF because although they have their faults, prompt closure was their good point.
We gor our CC within weeks of our equity release funds being submitted. Final payment had gone a couple of months earlier but delays with getting creditors meeting amd paperwork agreed (CF chamged it and creditors werent happy) but once all ironed outt the certificate came much quicker than expected.
Email the closures team and demand to know whats going on amd why delayed...dont just ask a cal handler at customer services! Amd get everything in writing!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:51 am
You could try a little honey first ... give them a ring and say that you understood that CF were normally on the ball with closures and wondered what the hold up was and if there was anything they needed from you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

GeorgeThoms

Post by GeorgeThoms » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 pm
The complain procedure is lengthy and time consuming but a very effective one. Thanks for sharing

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 am
Fingers crossed it arrives to save you the hassle ... as others have said their maybe a genuine reason why, which in my opinion, they should just tell you so you understand.

Let us know how it goes ...
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

katana2471

Post by katana2471 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:48 am
I made my last payment in September 19
It's now Jan 16th not heard a thing of CF
I'm fuming a joke
They had f&f in September
Waiting for my completion certificate !
Messaged them no reply !!!
Stressing me out .
Thought a month or 2
But close to 4 months now.
Anyone else had this issue 😡😡😡

lisakent86

Post by lisakent86 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 pm
The complaints procedure seems very effective. Figures crossed for the best solution.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”