completely stuck and have no idea what to do!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

rebecca_m

Post by rebecca_m » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:20 am
I am currently in an IVA which has been going for a year and a half with no problems.
My car has decided now to completely breakdwon and can't be repaired and as this is my only way of getting to work and my son to school i need a new one desperately!

I contact my IP and explained the situation and the if possible could i obtain finance to purchase a car and also increase my IVA payments as I will have had a payrise as from the beginning of August.

They have come back and said I can't obtain finance for a car as this isn't a good enough reason but I do still have to increase my monthly payments!!

Help I am now completely stuck and have no idea what to do!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:55 am
Hi Rebecca
I wonder what reason your IP would accept for changing a car ?
You need a car,full stop,so go back to your IP and ask for a payment break to enable you to purchase a car,say three months,and have it tagged on the end of your IVA.
I,m not sure how you would have got on with finance whilst in an IVA even with your IPs permission.
See if a relative can loan you the money and you pay them back with the three month IVA payments.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

one month at a time

Post by one month at a time » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:44 pm
Hi this sounds awful and I do feel for you, we went through this about 7 months ago and I contacted my IP and said that if we did not have a car, the we could not get to work etc.. They said that I could get finance, but I could not make changes to my monthly payments, The trouble I had was then, every car credit people said yes we could help, but when it came to the crunch they said no, I was to high rick, in th end I contacted Northern Rock who I had my mortgage with and I asked them with teh IP ok I got a secured loan of 6K, You need to be firm but nice with your IP and explain that this not your fault and you need to do this, i do wish you luck

one month at a time!
one month at a time!

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:31 pm
How on earth can you get to work with no car?
No car = no job = no money = failed IVA!
Surely your IP will see this?!
Or am I being too optimisitic?
Blue

one month at a time

Post by one month at a time » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:57 pm
I support you BlueShoes ..

one month at a time!
one month at a time!

YummySheep

Post by YummySheep » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:52 am
The other responses are right, you need to make it clear to you IP that you need to replace your car. I think the best solution would be to ask for a payment break to buy a "run around" rather than taking out credit which may make you struggle with you IVA and you would need your IP's consent to do that anyway. As stated previously, maybe a family member could assist you with this?
Your IP is there to make sure that both yourself and your creditors get a fair deal, if you cannot get to work without a car your IVA will ultimately fail so I see no reason why they wouldn't allow you go replace it one way or another.

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:06 am
I rtaised the problem with the car replacement issue with my IP when entering and he said that a car was a reasonable and there should be no problem.

I think your IP should reconsider and I am sure your creditors would understand that one!

Good Luck!

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:36 pm
Hi Rebecca and Welcome to the Forum,

I would definitely persist with your I.P as a car is an essential part of life for you. If this does not help then please do ask them for a payment break so then you can at least use your disposable income to buy a run around car etc.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:52 pm
Hi rebecca,

I would be as much insistent as possible. Your car is essential for your day to day life so i dont see a reason why you cant get a new one.
I also think that a payment break could be a solution.

Regards,
Michelle P.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for july”