Completion Certificate is here!!

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Backpack

Post by Backpack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm
I can’t believe it!!

5 very long years but I made my final payment on 26th May and to my astoundment, my completion certificate turned up on the 18th June!!!!
I couldn’t believe it was so quick and I can’t believe it is finally all over. So relieved.

In the pack I received. There was a recommendation to copy my documents and send them on to Equifax, Experian and Callcredit. I’ve got my copies ready to send but how necessary is this? I have no issue sending these documents on but felt that all my files would get updated automatically anyway

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:43 pm
Congratulations. To be honest nothing will happen to improve or alter your credit score or records until after the 6 year point, you have a full year left. Just savour the great feeling of getting that CC, have a glass or 5 and relax. Great news.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 am
Great news and although I agree with Merlin that nothing will happen until the 6th anniversary I personally would send it off to the three agencies they can be annotating it us now concluded and any incorrectly defaults can be changed to the START of the iva so that when the 6th anniversary comes it all simply just drops off.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 am
Getting the debtor to do this seems to be the new thing with several insolvency firms, although technically it shouldn't be needed as the "system" should take care of it. However, it is advisable, as Luluj says, to check the basics -- are the default dates all correct (indeed, are all the accounts actually defaulted?). But, as Merlin said -- you have time to get this sorted, there is no mad panic.

Have a read here, as I said, it should work pretty much on auto pilot. I hardly did anything but heck records, but things change: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bethany

Post by bethany » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am
Backpack wrote:
I can’t believe it!!

5 very long years but I made my final payment on 26th May and to my astoundment, my completion certificate turned up on the 18th June!!!!
I couldn’t believe it was so quick and I can’t believe it is finally all over. So relieved.

In the pack I received. There was a recommendation to copy my documents and send them on to Equifax, Experian and Callcredit. I’ve got my copies ready to send but how necessary is this? I have no issue sending these documents on but felt that all my files would get updated automatically anyway

Amazing! congratulations.. i hope mine will arrive in the post soon XXX

Scabbydog1

Post by Scabbydog1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:39 pm
it took from August last year on completion until august this year for our certificate to arrive
You have done fantastically well
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”