Completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

loislane

Post by loislane » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 pm
So after 8 months I finally have my completion certificate. I was so relieved until I looked over it properly. It is only listing two of my four creditors that are listed on my iva agreement.
I rang ebenegate and they said this was correct as the two missing never sent in the required forms.
Is this right? I don't want the missing creditors to be chasing me in the years to come.

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:45 am
Sometimes a creditor simply does not engage with the process, but, as long as they are listed the debts will be covered under the regulations and written off. Make sure you keep copies of the paperwork handy somewhere in case you need to produce it at any point --- I have been clear of my IVA for more than ten years now and never been asked, but some do get asked to prove the IVA inception and completion at some point.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 am
Glad it arrived and I echo Breezy. I completed mine in 2013 and still have the paperwork even though I have never been asked for it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”