Completion - how long until credit file and IR sorted?

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Lolaclare

Post by Lolaclare » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:48 pm
I received my completion certificate today (hurrah!) but am now wondering whether the Iva will automatically disappear from my credit file (it will be 6 years since it began on 19th Sept). Do I need to inform anyone or will it disappear on its own?

Also has anyone had experience of their name being removed from the insolvency register earlier than the 3 months it states on their website?

I am impatient to organise a mortgage so really want both my credit file and the IR sorted asap.

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:31 pm
Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

When you were sent the certificate, a copy should have been sent, by your IP, to the Insolvency Service. It will take them "up to" three months to remove you from the register. Once you are off the register the credit reference agencies will remove the IVA once the 6th anniversary has passed. It is certainly worth contacting the CRAs with a copy of your completion paperwork as soon as possible, in case they are moved to act sooner.

In 10 years on this forum I have only seen the insolvency service act faster a few times --- despite being told otherwise it seems that they wait until the three months is up, to the day. That said, this forum, and others like it, usually only get the bad side of any story !

On the mortgage front, a good broker will help you with the credit clean up, prior to you making an application. There are two, who post on this forum, with experience in adverse credit applications: Ryan and Shaun. They both have lenders who are more sympathetic to those of us with an IVA in pour past.

Contact details can be gleaned from their profiles:

Ryan: https://www.iva.co.uk/forum/memberlist. ... le&u=18488
Shaun: https://www.iva.co.uk/forum/memberlist. ... le&u=22837
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

Lolaclare

Post by Lolaclare » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:57 pm
Thanks for your reply. Will the IVA be removed from my credit file regardless of the Insolvency Register situation? Six years would have passed since the IVA starting, so I would hope so? If I contact Experian, Equifax and Transunion and send them my completion certificate do you think that would be enough/necessary or will it happen automatically anyway?

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:37 pm
They might remove it before the IS take you off the register, but only if it is marked 'completed' on that register ---- but I wouldn't put money on it.

Normally it all happens automatically over time.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”