Completion Petition

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm
Edit: This has been rejected by government as not being in their remit!

Please could anyone interested have a look at the arguement I have put together for early issue of completion certificates here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/iva-completion-ce ... s-petition

From this, Keith White has put together a petiton on the Parliament site -- this needs a few more signatories before it can go live and we can publish it publically. Anyone happy to get this published please sign via this link:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... DxUGrW4AZy

Please indicate below when you have used this link as only need 5 sponsors, then we shall publish a link for everyone to sign the petition.
Last edited by admin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Charly.p

Post by Charly.p » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:46 pm
I've signed it Foggy :D

Keith White

Industry Expert

Post by Keith White » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:59 pm
One of the threads running through topics on the Forum has been the delay in receiving the completion certificate. Once all payments have been made as agreed into an IVA, there is really no reason for a hold up. Its a time of great relief and sense of achievement on completion, and it would be good to immediately move on with our lives knowing that the IVA is genuinely complete. Alas - it seems take a long time for some people to receive their certificate. This petition is a way of trying to formalise the process so IP's have to act quickly. Its well worth signing - for ourselves and/or for many others - as we come to the end of the IVA.
Keith White, IVA advisor at iva.com
Contact me at http://www.iva.com/about-us/keith-white

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Signed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:17 pm
Signed. A worthy petition, my CC took far too long.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 am
Last payment made to Aperture 28th August 2017. I've had Absolutely no contact from them not even an email to say we are finished. I emailed THREE different email addresses for them on October 4th to ask for a progress update and have not even had the courtesy of a single reply. Very disappointed in Aperture. I have a horrible feeling that this DFD takeover is going to totally mess up our closure...

IVAconfused75

Post by IVAconfused75 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:53 pm
The petition says it is rejected on my end. As government says it's not something they get involved in.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 am
IVAconfused75 wrote:
The petition says it is rejected on my end. As government says it's not something they get involved in.
Yes ... I am afraid they have somewhat missed the point. The government SHOULD be getting involved, by way of the Insolvency Service. They are, as usual, just shuffling off their responsibilities, With more and more getting into difficulties, in part due to the governmemnt's own austerity measures, there will be ever more in debt and seeking solutions. The Insolvency Service should be charged with overseeing this and protecting those seeking help in much the same way as the Financial Ombudsman does with credit arrangements.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

IVAconfused75

Post by IVAconfused75 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am
I totally agree with you. As I've said in a previous post, an IVA is too big a financial commitment for people not to get any help from authorities or independently making sure it's all ship shape!!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”