Concerned

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Vandory

Post by Vandory » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:33 am
Hi I've only just joined here and need to put my mind at rest

I've been in my iva for 3 years and I'm with DFD I have told them about all my previous increases and bonus and I was made redundant.

However started a new job and phone DFD and advised the and the person I spoke to said that this was fine.

Ever since I haven't been able to speak to them. I work in the city of London and try to get and mobile phone network has been a challenge in it self. So my plan was to rush home from work and call and when I do all the phone does is ring and of course not open at the weekend.

Well last Christmas I got a pay rise and bonus (hooray for me). Got home from work yesterday and I a letter waiting for me and straight away I knew it was from DFD before I even opened it horror came all over me and I panicked ( born worrier here can you tell) so I open my letter and it was a annul review. Now a mentioned before I've been in this 3 years and this is my first review is this correct ?

So off I run up stairs in tears and panicking so my boyfriend came running after me tell me not to worry we will be ok told me to come down once I calmed. So that what I did ad he's sitting on he's iPad looking on forums when I asked him what he's was doing he said was on here and told me to take a look.

So here I am sorry if I've waffled on too much but I just need some advise and comfort [:)]

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:18 am
It is horrible getting the letters on a Friday. I had one from my IP yesterday they had sent it to the wrong address and it needed replying to by yesterday and of course they are all on an extended holiday.

Get an email address which you can write to I did this in year 2. I find that easier. It took me 2 hours yesterday to do an I and E for mine and that is my 6th one. They do not get any easier. I find that I fill it in it is not too bad and then they arrange for someone to phone my up and we do it again over the phone. As long as you send all the necessary paperwork there is little to worry about. If you do owe them for pay rises etc they will reflect that in future payments but at the end of the day they cannot and should not take out so much that you cannot live. You may have to make extra payments at the end which is what is happening to me but by that time you are so used to the payments that a couple of extra months is neither here nor there it is just another couple of months to dream when I have money in my account, but since it has been empty for the last 10 years it is just a dream.
I would spend a little time today finding all the paperwork they need, it will tell you what in the letter. If you can find someone with a home printer invariably it will scan so you can scan them in. This way you have copies whenever you need them and I find it a useful way to send the I/e as you keep a copy. Then whatever happens you can post the originals keeping copies or send an email.

Hope all goes well you will get a lot of support from here. You are not alone, and a lot of us feel very similar to you however long the pathway we are the I/E letter is scary.

Fletch2204

Post by Fletch2204 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 am
Hi Vandory, welcome to the Forum!! There should be an annual review undertaken every year. Your chairmans report should have set out your responsibility for reporting overtime and bonuses and how they are treated within the arrangement. I suggest that you email your IP and follow up with a call on Monday to discuss this matter more fully - the IP will help you to get through this without affecting the arrangement so do not worry - unfortunately you may find that you will have to pay some additional funds into the IVA - good luck, Fletch
I'm Walking On Sunshine, Yeah-Yeah...........

Katrina And The Waves

Vandory

Post by Vandory » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:29 am
Thanks for the post guys. I have emailed DFD in th passed and no one comes back to me even if I ask them to confirm that they received it. I provided them with details in the passed its just this last year I've had trouble.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am
Hi, I'll post a link in a moment for you to access your IP's email direct. However, I cannot guarantee they'll reply but worth a try.

Try not to worry but an annual review should be completed and it might be worth asking why this is your first review?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:09 am
http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/fip1/

that should get you direct to your IP after inputting their details.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Vandory

Post by Vandory » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:12 am
Thanks Lesley :)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:58 pm
It does not sound right that this is your first review in three years, as this is supposed to be done every year so that they can report correctly to you and your creditors about the progression of the IVA. Have you received earlier reports?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Vandory

Post by Vandory » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:02 pm
Yes I have received credit reports back just no review. I've sent all my paperwork back today to now time to panic :S

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 am
Don't panic ! We will support you through this !

Judith at DFD is highly recommended and does post on the forum ... I will alert her to this thread and she may be able to help you.

There will be an answer ... Try to stay calm and take t like a jigsaw puzzle ... One piece at a time!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 am
DFDforumsupport@fairpoint.co.uk

Email them with FAO Judith in the subject line ....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”