confused???

32 posts Page 3 of 3

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:53 pm
My IVA proposal is here, all ready for signing but I am waiting on Picture's decision!

Today, I received a letter from the solicitor dealing with the sale of our house, she has taken advice and says that Picture cannot object to the sale providing the full market value has been achieved, which it has (hopefully) and that I have to make arrangements with Picture to pay the shortfall. This is what we are trying to do, to get Picture to "lift second charge/agree" to the sale and pay the rest in the IVA. The solicitor seems to think that the sale can proceed anyway with or without Picture's agreement, so I am a little confused here, as Picture initially said they would block the sale and now they are considering the best way to recoup their money and "may" allow the sale. Who is correct, my solicitor or Picture? Can the sale proceed or could Picture "block" the sale?? I am trying not to get stressed this week as we are moving at the weekend but my feeling has been that if Picture ring me and say no to the sale, then the only option is to let NRock repossess the house as they have 1st charge, but if my solicitor is correct, maybe there is hope there to sell the house??

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:08 pm
I think that your solicitor is correct here Jane - so long as market value is being achieved which I am sure you are as it is in your interest to keep the unsecured shortfall as low as possible.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
32 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”