Congratulations David Mond & Clear Debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
54 posts Page 2 of 4

hymers

Post by hymers » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:12 am
well done i got 1 of these letters and it worried me great to see someone taking action thank you

tori

Post by tori » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 am
Well done David and congratulations-What an excellent result!!xx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:48 pm
Excellent result David. We had to write to everyone of our clients because of these letters. They looked so realistic and had a logo very similar to the Insolvency Service. Bet my boss wishes he had sued too.

Congratulations again.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:23 pm
I imagine that we are likely to see another liquidation out of this David, as I am sure that you are not hanging your hat on actually being paid by this organisation!!

But well done for being a leading figure in an industry which often sweeps stuff like this under the carpet unoticed, or seeks to pretend that it is not happening. I was personally gratified when I got my public apology from these people.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 pm
Hi
I did wonder if the IVAC had this sort of money.
If they do then it gives you some idea of the money that can be made out of people in debt.
Regards
Andam Davies

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:12 pm
Many thanks for your kind wishes.

Please be on the lookout for son (or daughter) of IVAC.

I am looking into the IVA Consumer Action Group, Integrity Financial Services and Gladstone Hemmings.

The more we can keep a vigilance on this the better it will be for the Debt Resolution Industry.

You can read the apology, court order and initial freezing injuction on ClearDebt's web site.

All have a good weekend.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 am
Just read it. And again, well done David its a great result.
I'm sure they wont resist rearing their ugly heads again at some point in the future.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:12 am
Well done David!
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm
Best news I've heard all day, well done. It really would be ironic if they were forced into bankruptcy.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:24 pm
I'm sure they'll be back! I doubt we have seen the last of them and their like.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

suzanne100268

Post by suzanne100268 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:29 pm
Well done David for sticking with the case against the IVAC. I hope you get your money!!
IVA completed September 2014. Finaly debt free - final dividend 88p/£

james.c

Post by james.c » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:42 pm
About time some one put them in their place, hopefully they have learned from this and change what they have been doing.

Congratulations

jayney_b

Post by jayney_b » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 pm
check out UK RESTART. I have since been sorted but spoke to this company, a man called Tony. He was very pushy, and UK Bankruptcy are part of UK Restart. Or the other way im not sure, but once when i called the phone was answered UK Bankruptcy! We are only going back 2 weeks
ago. And i could hear people in the background swearing in between speaking to people on the phone as UKB?? £1250 is what this joker wanted to charge PLUS £40 or so pounds a month starting from now! HE PROMISED ME THAT HIS COMPANY HAD DIRECT ACCESS TO MY CREDIT REFERENCE FILES AND COULD CONSTANTLY UPDATE THEM, ALSO I WOULD GET A FREE PREPAYMENT CREDIT CARD (BARCLAYCARD, VISA I AM UNSURE) THAT THEY ALSO MANAGED!
All i wanted to do was go bankrupt!I was really shocked at the pushy style this company has, and it does sound a lot like UKB are still weaving their rubbish. If it helps i know the office address where they are based, and funnily enough the address on the web for ukb is the same! I hope no-one gets sucked in, because my own bankruptsy is costing me £600 in total court fees and all.
Though this is probably old news, i couldnt see it referred to anywhere else

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 pm
Where did you hear about these people jayney? I googled them and couldn't find anything.

The prepaid card wouldn't be a Barclaycard Visa, it would just be a top up card.

I also thought that fees for going bankrupt were only £495. Have they gone up recently?

There will always be the assisted bankruptcy sites around who charge extortionate fees, unfortunately, people are so desperate that they will go to them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

terry tibbs

Post by terry tibbs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm
This all seems to be a very one sided discussion as I was contacted by the IVA Council 7 months ago by letter which stated that if I didn't meet a certain criteria then I may of been mis sold into my IVA, I called them up and spoke to one of there professional advisers. Once the situation had been explained to me it was a open and shut case that I had been mis-sold a complete "No Brainer" this IVA company had deliberately had my pants down! I was living in a council house, had no assets / car etc and was living off benefits and yet I was still put in a IVA at £400 for 60 months. I was literally living on the poverty line scared to put the heating on. Once I went over and went under the protection of a Bankruptcy 100% of the debt was written off and 8 months later I was discharged and was back to been Solvent. All this for a fee of £1.200 which saved me £22.800 and in just 8 month NOT a ridiculous 5 years. there services where second to none and the company that did the Bankruptcy for me UKB where very professional and I would recommend anyone out there to use them. It is a shame that there are so many IVA Company's out there who just want to rob you for £7000 to £10.000 out of pure greed when they no full well that Bankruptcy would of been the better option.
54 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”