Congratulations David Mond & Clear Debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
54 posts Page 3 of 4

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:40 pm
Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you were happy with the service that you received from UK Bankruptcy, but I really don't understand how they can justify charginf £1,200 for their services, presumably as well as the BR fees, when it only costs £495 to make yourself BR.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:44 pm
Hi Terry. All reputable IP firms would have advised bankruptcy in your case and a number of creditors would reject a proposal from someone in your position. I am curious as to why you did not opt for bankruptcy originally.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 pm
Hi
If your income was just benefits then no way should you have been "sold" an IVA.
What company did you use ?
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:01 pm
There is no way I would pay anyone that amount of money to make me bankrupt when I can do it myself.

I always wonder where they get the money from as well, particularly if you are on benefits. You can do it yourself even cheaper then.

I wouldn't touch one of these firms with a ten foot barge pole.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:36 pm
QUOTE It is a shame that there are so many IVA Company's out there who just want to rob you for £7000 to £10.000 out of pure greed when they no full well that Bankruptcy would of been the better option UNQUOTE

Insolvency Practitioners do not recommend best options, but provide advice on all debt solutions allowing clients to choose the path that most suits them. You chose the IVA and then changed your mind at a cost of £1,250 presumably to have assistance in filling in some simple forms.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm
I can't believe anyone would pay £1200 to go BR!

I have no problem paying someone to manage an IVA ( as long as its done properly), afterall its 5yrs work., but to pay someone £1200 to fill out simple forms???

I agree some companies do not explain all the options and for want of a better "push" IVA's. Even so anyone in an IVA agreed to be in it and its no good blaming anyone else. If the IVA isn't working, then you have to find the solution for you. UKB and IVA council are just preying on the vulnerable.

Well done to David for taking these leeches on....and winning.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:38 pm
Again, I have been away for a few days, but does anyone really imagine that Terry Tibbs with his one post and subsequent week of silence is anything other than an infiltrator?

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 am
I think we've seen this all before haven't we?!
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 am
Indeed!!

Assumedly, Terry will now be pursuing his Bankruptcy assist firm (whoever they really are) for the cost of mis-selling him a service which he could have done for himself at no cost at all other than the court fees.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:40 am
jayney_b wrote:

check out UK RESTART. I have since been sorted but spoke to this company, a man called Tony. He was very pushy, and UK Bankruptcy are part of UK Restart. Or the other way im not sure, but once when i called the phone was answered UK Bankruptcy! We are only going back 2 weeks
ago. And i could hear people in the background swearing in between speaking to people on the phone as UKB?? £1250 is what this joker wanted to charge PLUS £40 or so pounds a month starting from now! HE PROMISED ME THAT HIS COMPANY HAD DIRECT ACCESS TO MY CREDIT REFERENCE FILES AND COULD CONSTANTLY UPDATE THEM, ALSO I WOULD GET A FREE PREPAYMENT CREDIT CARD (BARCLAYCARD, VISA I AM UNSURE) THAT THEY ALSO MANAGED!
All i wanted to do was go bankrupt!I was really shocked at the pushy style this company has, and it does sound a lot like UKB are still weaving their rubbish. If it helps i know the office address where they are based, and funnily enough the address on the web for ukb is the same! I hope no-one gets sucked in, because my own bankruptsy is costing me £600 in total court fees and all.
Though this is probably old news, i couldnt see it referred to anywhere else
This is either son/daughter of UKB - so please forward me with any details direct and I'll add it to my collection. Thank you.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:45 am
terry tibbs wrote:

This all seems to be a very one sided discussion as I was contacted by the IVA Council 7 months ago by letter which stated that if I didn't meet a certain criteria then I may of been mis sold into my IVA, I called them up and spoke to one of there professional advisers. Once the situation had been explained to me it was a open and shut case that I had been mis-sold a complete "No Brainer" this IVA company had deliberately had my pants down! I was living in a council house, had no assets / car etc and was living off benefits and yet I was still put in a IVA at £400 for 60 months. I was literally living on the poverty line scared to put the heating on. Once I went over and went under the protection of a Bankruptcy 100% of the debt was written off and 8 months later I was discharged and was back to been Solvent. All this for a fee of £1.200 which saved me £22.800 and in just 8 month NOT a ridiculous 5 years. there services where second to none and the company that did the Bankruptcy for me UKB where very professional and I would recommend anyone out there to use them. It is a shame that there are so many IVA Company's out there who just want to rob you for £7000 to £10.000 out of pure greed when they no full well that Bankruptcy would of been the better option.

It is interesting that this one post was over a week ago and despite some comment by members "Terry" has not responded - I wonder why?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 am
David

I see that UK Bankruptcy Limited - which is a Scottish registered company, changed their name to Clears Debt Limited in November 2008!! Is this the company which you have recently successfully sued?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 am
Hi
I would guess that Terry was a "plant" from UK Bankruptcy and changing their name to Clears debt Ltd really is a shocker.
Can you do anything about this David ?
Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 am
That is a bit naughty! Could make things awkward for David if people think the two are one and the same.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:10 am
Crikey, that's awful, very cheeky indeed.
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
54 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”