Contacting IP

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Scrooge

Post by Scrooge » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:09 pm
HI - Does anyone know how we can get to speak directly with our IP?? We were with Clear Start - now obviously with DFD - Derek Oakley and Richard Savage.
We have always struggled with our IVA - been advised by a few on here to throw in the towell a year ago!!We have, however, managed to keep going - we have a lot to lose if we dont.
We are self employed with an ever fluctuating income.
We badly need to speak with or IP to discuss th future of our extremely large IVA but cant seem to get past the DFD staff who have simply said that they will not allow a (second) payment break even though she had not even shown our letter to the IP.
Any guidance would be appeciated.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 pm
Why not give them a ring - I understand that Derek Oakely is still aboutk, not sure about Richard Savage.

Or you could send them an e-mail - to find their address look at the "Find an IP" section on the Insolvency Service website.

In my opinion it is not correct for the IP to not want to speak to you about something important like this, and you may have grounds for a complaint if they refuse to consider your current difficulties correctly. There should be no need for throwing towels in - just good commonsense help and assistance from your IP.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Scrooge

Post by Scrooge » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 pm
Thanks Melanie - my husband has sent a letter with all the details to the IP today and asked for him to phone us to discuss.
Melanie - Sorry I cant find this post on the actual forums....Have I got it in the wrong place??!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:22 pm
I don't really know how this website works Scrooge! I just look at the last 250 posts every time - don't really understand the significance of the different forums to be honest.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new postings for December”