Contingency allowance!

43 posts Page 3 of 3

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm
i dont have a "contingency " as such...but they listed a "miscellaneous" of 30.00....would it be worthwhile asking for more???..we are a married couple with a dog and thats where the 30.00 a month def goes anyway ...just his boosters and his quarterly worming/frontline treatment can easily eat up the 30.00 without anything extra coming out way
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

aguise

Post by aguise » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm
We have no contingency but reasonable allowances for food etc and being lucky to still have our overtime it makes up fo the fact of not having one.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

mavericksolo

Post by mavericksolo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 pm
we finish our iva with mccambrdge duffy at the end of this month - cant wait! and we have no contingency fee - we have been told nothing of what happens next to end the iva - we have just been told to send our last few wage slips to them and we'll hear from them shortly - a contingency fund would have been great - we have a five year old son so were always having to write letters to the iva explaining why we worked extra overtime, giving them half, to cover emergency needs e.g medical costs, petrol price increases, travel cost increases when my job location changed drastically. i wish the ivas were more structured so that everyone had a similar base to start with and then it could be fitted round everyone's different needs - sounds like some had an easier deal than others - cant moan too much though - we have saved thousands of pounds by going via the iva and things seem so much more positive now we can see the iva's end nearin!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:28 pm
The introduction of Protocol Compliant IVAs earlier this year has striven to try to bring consistency to the procedure, and this is largely working well. I am glad that your IVA is concluding now, and you do appear to be doing well if you have managed the payments without an emergency buffer being built in, but I suspect that you had some form of miscellaneous provision on a monthly basis?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:45 pm
I believe the CCCS guidelines for a contingency amount is fixed depending on size of family. However all other items of weekly/monthly expenditure should be put in detail. You will then find that the CCS guidelines which have been accepted by all creditor representaives is much lower than what has been quoted in these posts - but all other items are written into the I&E. This is as per the Protocol.
Last edited by David Mond on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

mavericksolo

Post by mavericksolo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 pm
melanie - yep. you're right. checked our original documents and we have miscellanous of £40 per month - so cant moan too much eh?lol.our councilo tax was set at £90 a month which is alughable now - we pay £160! and the petrol allowance was set at £240 for both of us together a month with petrol prices as mad as they are at the moment, we use that each now!...funny how you survive on the budget though!and seem extra pleased when you actually have some left at the end of the month!

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:40 pm
We don't have any contingency in hubby's IVA - have an allowance for car maintenance which doesn't cover the tax, MOT and service.

No allowance for hobbies or entertainment [:(] Thats why I'm arguing that my surplus should not be taken into account -we have to live somehow.

I can never find the cccs guidelines on their websites, so would appreciate it if someone could post them. Sorry if this has been asked before.
xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:48 pm
When my proposal was done I didn't have a contingency allowance, or a car maintenance allowance!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 pm
Julie

Send me an e-mail to my website and I will send you a copy of the guidelines.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:04 pm
Just sent you an email - thanks Melanie.

Skippy -maybe its just Accuma that don't have contingency plans xx

poppy

Post by poppy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:16 pm
I am with Accuma and I have a £50 contingency.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 am
Swans girl - why don't you ask your IP to do a variation to take into account changes in costs etc?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 pm
we get £45 for three people
OPTIMIST12 wrote:

I get a £50 monthly contingency fund for one person - I think that is pretty good!!
light at the end of the tunnel
43 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”